• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

USB Problems Need some advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Firas

Good Day

I have seven usb 3.0 in my PC and two usb 2.0 , all my thump drives are usb 3.0 . I used to plug one in and take it out while pc is running , and some times I do not plug it is the same spot . So I decided not to do this scramble way of plugging and unplugging my thump drives , Instead I marked each one with numbers and each one belong with a special slot , ( hop this is clear )

But now every time i restart the pc they show up as they are just now getting installed , The PC keep recognizing them just like for the first time .

the other thing is I have a one specific thump drive for transferring my Movies from pc to my TV when me and the wife like to watch on the Big screen . But every time I reinsert this thump drive that Has nothing on except the movie file ,, the pc only gives me one Option and that is to format it ( So I format the usb put a new movie on it and when i decide to plug it in again ,, I must again format it :confused::confused::confused:

any help thanks

Do you have access to another pc maybe? To try out the thumb drive on a different computer.also you can plug a usb 3 drive into a 2 slot

Old thread....but to answer...

But now every time i restart the pc they show up as they are just now getting installed , The PC keep recognizing them just like for the first time .
This is normal.

the other thing is I have a one specific thump drive for transferring my Movies from pc to my TV when me and the wife like to watch on the Big screen . But every time I reinsert this thump drive that Has nothing on except the movie file ,, the pc only gives me one Option and that is to format it ( So I format the usb put a new movie on it and when i decide to plug it in again ,, I must again format it
Does it do this in another PC

BTW its thumB drive. :)

Whenever you see this Firas, I hope you are feeling well!

Back