• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New to Watercooling, pick apart my build please :D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SubPar

After a couple of weeks of research and good old fashonied changing my mind 600 times, i've decided on a parts list for my gaming rig. I have a CM HAF 912 and i didnt want to go with the standard 120.2 or 120.1 etc, and with the top fan on my case supporting a 200mm fan i figured why not go big :D Enter the Phobya Extreme 200mm v2, which i just think is awesome and it will be more than enough rad for my FX 4100, and maybe a gpu block down the road?
I just want the learned members of this great watercooling forum to pick it apart see if there's any glaring mistakes or incompatiblities, thanks guys! :thup:

Attachments

• watercooling build.JPG
    watercooling build.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 180
Why not an MCP50X for the pump?

I would look at 120/140mm radiators instead of 200mm. Fan options are MUCH better.

Looks good past that :)

that radiator is huge. if you have the crap 200mm fans that came with the case, then hell no. you need to at least upgrade to some good fans at 200mm, which only leaves you bitfenix spectre pro(who's support sucks, so be ready to buy replacements.) I would also push/pull if you can. you sure that radiator will fit?

make it simple bro, drop in a xt45 alphacool 120x2, and get some decent fans (just push or pull.) and yes, get the pwm pump if it's an option.

Honestly didnt know about the MCP50X, switched my choice and i save 10 bucks, nice, thanks ATMINSIDE.
About the fans, i realize i have more choice with 120mm and 140mm rads but i kinda want overkill/uniqueness, even using the CM 200mm Megaflow fans should get me respectable temps and i can get those cheap enough to make wearing them out not an issue. Am i wrong in thinking they will be silent and move more than enough air?

you sure that radiator will fit?

Yeah im mounting the rad on top of the case with a fan on top in push and the fan in the case will be the pull, not elegant but effective :D

At a 0.6mmH2O pressure rating? I'd barely use it for a case fan.... much less on a radiator.

Pretty much what everyone else is saying. Don't go the 200 mm fan or radiator route. The 200 mm fans are more so about high air flow with low noise. They're good for intake or exhaust fans. When going water cooling, I understand your want for uniqueness. But spending good money on a sub part setup for the sake of looks is worthless. I've had the haf 912 case myself. The case should support a thin 240mm radiator up top. Get 2 good 120mm fans and away you go. The fans would have to be external though because as I recall, a top mounted 200mm fan nearly touched my hyper 212 + cooler.

Like infinite said. Go with a thin 240 up top. Should d be fine with a CPU only loop. Later on you can add another single 120 on the rear exhaust if you want to add a GPU. Just remember to keep an eye on vrm and other board temps because you are going to have low air flow over the board.

Hey SubPAR. I too have a HAF 912 that I'm going to water cool very very soon. I just bought the parts today actually. You might want to look at getting a H220-x by Swiftech (link)because that's the only rad that will fit on top of the case (inside) without hitting the mobo/ram. You'll have to place the fans on the outside of the case to do this though. If you want to add your gpu in the same loop (down the road), then I would recommend removing the HDD cage at the bottom and the 5.25" drive cage and get a decent 360x60mm rad. That's the only way to fit an entire watercooled rig inside the HAF 912.

Thanks for the replies everyone, i think after checking out the reviews for the H220X, im going to purchase it. I could always add another 240mm rad in front if i get a video card that needs water to bring its temps down. With the money i'm going to save i'll go get a tablet for the wife :D everyones happy :clap:

Back