• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Laptop With: SSD, 1080p IPS, Good Dedicated Card, Under $2,000

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tyerker

I have looked at the ASUS ROG laptops, and buying something like an MX100 to go with it.

I also looked into the Lenovo Y50, but apparently the screen quality is poor, and the keyboard isn't as nice as Lenovo has had in the past.
Any suggestions for a laptop with a SSD (or a slot to install one), a good 1080p screen, and a decent dedicated card (along the lines of the 860m) that is in my price range, made by a reputable manufacturer, or am I on the right track with the ROG?

The ideal would be something like the Razer Blade, but that is out of my price range. The whole point of this is I'm most likely moving to Korea for a few years in January. So I am looking at parting out my PC (sadly) and replacing in with a decent laptop.

Thanks,
Tyerker

I'm rocking an Acer Travelmate P645-MG. It is an ultrabook. It has been surpassed by newer names/model series of the computer.

I am impressed in its' 1080p IPS matte display, solid metal(carbon fiber lid) contruction, big specs and deticated graphics, 256gb SSD and an empty 2.5" HDD bay for any hard drive or secondary SSD all wrapped in a very small, skeek, portable design. When gaming or video edition, the sucker doesn't even get too warm like I'd expect of a metal chassis computer like my older macbook did. I like it.
Rocks an i7 dual core chip, 2gb 8750M AMD dedicated graphics, 8gb ram, 256gb SSD, backlit keyboard, etc and snagged it for $799.

Back