• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS Hero VII Overclock Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Conners

I am going to start this thread to ask for help in overclocking the MH7. I have always used GB boards si I know their bios pretty well. Asus has things arranged differently ans different naming. Man I've never seen so many offset voltages choices in my life lol.

Anyway I kind of been playing with the optimized defaults and seeing how low of a voltage I could go and still boot and pass 5 runs of LinX @ 2048. This is what I wound up with. Looked pretty good to me but, I would have thought temp might have been a tad lower, but hay its 4.4GHz. Thoughts? I really nee help understanding the bios and what needs to be changed. Like I said to many offset voltages for my knowledge

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    70.3 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:
You don't need to touch 99% of things for ambient overclocking. Core voltage, multiplier, xmp profiles and enjoy. ;)

That method will likely take you to the limit of your cooler.

Check out the haswell overclocking guide in the Intel cpu section. I think there is a Asus haswell guide floating around the web too. ;)

Temps seem a tad high... And that is without any load on the gpus...

You don't need to touch 99% of things for ambient overclocking. Core voltage, multiplier, xmp profiles and enjoy. ;)

Check out the haswell overclocking guide in the Intel cpu section. I think there is a Asus haswell guide floating around the web too. ;)

That's wots I'm thinking something is not quite right here. And well DUGH! If you can't take the time to post helpful information outside of "You don't need to touch 99% of things for ambient overclocking see crap AND PROVIDE NO LINKS YOUR POST IS WORTHLESS.." you need not reply. Post something useful as asked in my original post..

Last edited:

yes that will work for a 5 minute load which is how many rate their clocks which to me is worthless.
the way i view it is read read and then read more @ oc'ing and if adjustments scare you then stay stock...;)
the understanding of what each setting does is imop the best way to fine tune a build and also much more rewarding...

I just follow the KISS method. And for the record my daily driver which uses that method to overclock is prime95 stable for 8 hours on blend and small fft. That is under fustome water.

Now when I actually NEED to use those things, which is under ln2, I certainly do. But for ambient clocking you can get 95% of your max overclock on with just going multi and Vcore. Intel has made it that easy.

While I certainly applaud you want to learn about what the things do, I did as well, I just didn't change them because I learned I didn't need to in most ambient cooled overclocking. I don't have the time in my life to go over those things with a fine toothed comb unless I need to.

As for you conners, sorry my post wasnt detailed enough. Your voltage looks fine for the clocks so I would look more into the mount of the block and thermal paste application. Otherwise the name of tbe game is reach your clock speed goal at the lowest possible voltage you can be stable at.

As far as links, I'm mobile, again, when replying, but there is a great Haswell overclocking guide on the front page.. I'll link you up when I'm off my phone if you can't find it by that time. :)

Last edited:
Keep it Simple Stupid and thanks for the reply Earthdog. I just use LinX for a quick test. Then usually run P95 for the main testing. I'm not sure P95 will work with Win 8.1 though.

Make sure you have the latest version of p95... 28.5. I have never heard it not working in 8.1. A quick Google there didn't turn up anything.

easy may work but hard thorough work pays off better in the long run
Do tell how exactly it pays off in the long run...(not in life, but in overclocking). How does tweaking things you don't need to benefit the user?

Enlighten me. :)

its fine tuning
while quik sets will work,fine tuning just makes everything work better overall.

I guess I was looking for some more detailed explanation...I mean I could be wrong in my thinking, but I would need something ...anything to go on.

Oh well. :)

Do tell how exactly it pays off in the long run...(not in life, but in overclocking). How does tweaking things you don't need to benefit the user?

Enlighten me. :)

if you know anything about Oc'ing and I assume you do,then you would know that a specific setting that works for me may not for another even if using identical cpu's
sure a quik set can be used to bump the speed but theres a point where it reaches its peak and fine tuning is needed.
my 4930 would go only to 4.6 before it faulted and had to do a voltage bump to run 4.7.,
and why run a 4.6 with high 70's when a little tweaking can lower temps?...

Please remove all posts wytnyt to truly clean it up. Also how do I ignore a user and their replies?

I removed the posts I felt needed to be deleted.
Click settings link at the top right of the page, then look down the left side of the settings page for a link called "edit Ignore List".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back