• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3 Monitor Surround, + 1 Monitor, GTX 780 Issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

meffie

Registered
Hi guy's I need help. I have a GTX 780 and am running 3 monitor surround. I added a 4th monitor as a desktop monitor so I can see my apps and such while gaming. I run my games in windowed full screen mode @ 6020x1080.

The problem however is this. When I click onto the forth monitor, my game that was spanning three screens, reduces down to the far left screen, and stays at the 6020x1080 resolution, so I really cant see anything. My task bar also moves to the left screen and now spans all 3 monitors. If I close the game and reopen, it goes right back to spanning the displays. The task bar doesn't fix itself until I change desktop resolutions and back.

Is there a setting that will prevent this, or am I just stuck looking at the 4th monitor rather than using it?

Thanks!

I've found some games don't run well with surround and have similar minimizing issues that you have.

Oh so it may be more of a game issue, rather than my setup issue? Do you happen to know of what games DO support it so I can test it out? I'm going to get ahold of Nvidia as well to see if they can help

I can't think of many off the top of my head that do work since I don't really use it anymore. Grid Autosport played nicely, if I remember.

Does it do this with all games?
I'm running a 3+1 setup with a 780 and haven't seen what you're talking about.

That said I only run certain games in surround.

As for games that work nicely look at AC4.
BF4 also plays pretty nice in surround, even though I don't like the game.
Grid Autosport plays nicely as mentioned.

Back