• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wifi Issues on LG G3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bamato

I'm close to contacting LG for warranty on my G3 right now. I just upgraded my home router to an Asus RT66U (great router) and for some reason I'm having connectivity issues on just the G3. The other wireless devices in the house show no signs of issues. It doesn't make a difference if I'm on 2.4 or 5ghz, the same problem develops. If I reset the network I'll get 65mbps down and 10 up. After a few hours when I check again, I'll get anywhere between 1-10 mbps down and maybe 2 up. Sometimes cycling between the 2.4 and 5ghz signal helps, but only temporarily. I haven't had the chance to test it on a different wireless network yet though, but I plan to in the next few days. Any suggestions? Anyone else experiencing this?

lg g3 is bitc.... for that, my advise .. dont even consider 2.4ghz for g3; 5ghz only, make static ip and subnet mask, custom subnet works fine .. make it connect with data mobile being turned off for now .. simply saying is that g3 is advanced unit and wants to go faster, as im almost maxed out at 40ghz turbo 5ghz with dbi amplified :) and i only get from 1-2 bars on the phone :( but i got 3rd bar today as was tweaking my wdr3800 ...

Biggest problem i find is that with Lte being current, it compares signal strenth and tries to change over ..

Interesting. I'll have to give the static IP a shot. Thats a little out of my realm of understanding, as networking isn't my forte.

Back