• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my case fan orientation,is it correct?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mattyts

Registered
Hi,I have an Inwin Grone case with 7 120mm fans,I've tried to show on a picture below their orientation and direction.

Untitled.png

My CPU tempratures idle in the 38-40c region,It's an i7 2770k running at 3.8Ghz and my GPUs idle at 40c,under load one GPU will max at about 70c and the other about 50c,the CPU won't climb above 70c while under 100% stress.

I am concerned that the fans are blowing air onto the radiator as this air is warm (am I right?) and could be heating the radiator up instead of cooling it down?

I have an option of adding another intake fan on the bottom of the case next to the one I already have installed

I think your fan config looks good as is. If you have enough unrestricted flow through the case it will not be much more than 1-2c warmer than the ambient temp, so no need to worry about warming the water loop. I would open up a few of the integrated fan grills to improve flow though. See the attached for what I would remove on the front panel. I couldn't find a good picture of the case top, which needs to be fairly open to get air through the radiator.

grone-13b.jpg

Yep I agree with JLK. Here's another pic of what he's suggesting. Different case but same concept.
20131103_151259 (Copy).jpg
20131103_152350 (Copy).jpg

Is your case on the floor or is it on a desk or table? If it's on a floor (especially carpet), I'd skip the bottom intake fans. You don't want to be sucking up carpet fiber and dust bunnies.

Back