• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will i be on the limit?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Mr.Scott

I'd run it. I've benched a 8320 @ 5.3 and a 580 on a 600w unit without issue. Many many times.
Not sure what you were benching Mr Scott but mine, while benching 3D Vantage with the Cpu at 5.2+ and the 580 lightning as far as I could take it was shutting my rig off when I had my Seasonic X 650w Psu in it. I did a test after I installed the 1000w Psu with my Watt Meter and it was pulling 700+ watts from the wall.

The reality is, I still think the OP will have no issues running the Antec Psu as long as it's not pushed really hard.

This is an extreme example, but here is mine running Prime 95 @ 5.2+ and Heaven with my 580 Lightning OC'ed. Running both Prime and Heaven at the same time isn't a realistic scenario but it does show that these 8350's do draw a ton of power. 827w from the wall, 1 cpu and 1 gpu :shrug:
wattage.PNG

Card should be with me in the morning, fingers crossed no shutting down occurs.

Well got the card today, everything works fine no power issues. Looks like my biggest problem now is heat :(
Got it just in time for winter.

The card is going back tomorrow its an absolute joke this heat, you're right i will exchange it for a 970

Back