• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

990FXA-UD3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

quickbot

Registered
Hello all. Need your help with this motherboard. Never had good mb with all those features, so i really dont know whats wrong. So i installed this new mb with beast rams and evo 840 ssd(that what was new in my system)

So pluged in all as always, but when i pressed power button it failed at first to boot up, so after 2nd time it started to boot...... problem is, my cpu fan started to spin wery slow, then after 2-3seconds it spin at max speed and after few more seconds it stopped to spin at all.

So few questions: Does ths mb req to maually turn on cpu fan in bios? Or just my cooler decide to die in right time?

Im not worried very much as i have pretty good case cooling and my cpu temp is ~50-70C.

But still would like to know whats the problem as it happened to me first time in many pc builds.

Thank you!

Try the fan on something else to see if it runs as it should. Perhaps it did fail. Not knowing if the fan runs as it should can have you chasing your tail troubleshooting the mobo and it could be the fan failed as you suggested in your post.
RGone...

Connecting to system fan1 did work, but cpu-fan doesnt work at all.

Plus inserting rams in 1-2 is cpu-z was shown as single ram, in system infor 16gb (7.9gb usable)

Now i switched to 3-4 and it shows in cpu-z dual, and in system 16gb

I installed all drivers from cd and dont thing these two things would make me to replace mobo as i can use system fan1 connector and prolly wont go more than 16gb ram anytime soon....if i go, ill go intel anyways.

Only problem is, im too stupid to test anything on my own :D

Last edited:
Back