• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Am I in SLI?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mattyts

Registered
I have 2 Nvidia GTX 460 SE 1GB cards,linked by the SLI bridge but I can't seem to access any of the SLI settings in the Nvidia control panel,all I see is this:

5c00237c7601307a58cd6b57fad44b01.png

but no settings about SLI,please help.

Install one card and the drivers, re-boot and install the other card and the drivers again. Re-boot. You'll have no issue. ;)

Nothing so far has worked :(

I installed GPUz as per ATMINSIDES post and that also confirm that SLI is disabled

looking at your mobo's specs I dont see it as either sli or xfire capable. you have one pci-e 3.0 slot and 1 pci-e 2.0 (x4) slots just cause it has 2 slots does not mean its capable of offering sli or xfire.

looking at your mobo's specs I dont see it as either sli or xfire capable. you have one pci-e 3.0 slot and 1 pci-e 2.0 (x4) slots just cause it has 2 slots does not mean its capable of offering sli or xfire.

Good catch. See what I get for assuming.

No sli support for le/lx version.

Best would be to sell both gpu's and grab a used 660ti/760 on the cheap...

So,a new card is on the agenda, Nvidia GTX 780 3GB or Radeon R9 290X 4GB?

Last edited:
I'd go 290x, one with a good cooler.

You could even add a second one down the line as your mobo is crossfire compatible...

The 2600k, with a good 4.5/4.6 GHz October will still be very capable in a couple of years!

Heck, it's still a very good CPU now at stock!

I guess I caught y'all snoozing on this one lol one of the hazzards of getting up early lol whilst i slept in til 10:30am lol its the only day I can sleep in a little.

That is a different motherboard, no? LX2 vs LX?

If its the same motherboard, the asus website doesn't mention that support...

EDIT: Its an updated version it seems:
Asus’ original P8Z77-V LX was, and still is, a solid entry-level Z77 motherboard. Can the P8Z77-V LX2 motherboard’s subtle design changes and reduced price prove that it is ready to compete in the tough sub-£80 Z77 motherboard market?

EDIT2: That page doesn't mention it either: http://www.asus.com/uk/Motherboards/P8Z77V_LX2/

Back