• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RIP X99 Deluxe?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I originally spent $400 for that overpriced thing (to not use another word) that died in one week and may have (hope not) killed my CPU. The OC formula is $70 less...

If you have a budget for the x99 OC Formula I would roll with that hands down, mine is on the way :)

With new tech it is difficult as there are alway bumps in the road no matter who's board you are using,

History tells us Nick is on top of the BIOS updates so if there is a hick up he jumps right on it.

His memory profiles typically are strong and works with retail

Conformal if you are a water cooler can not ever hurt

Ahhh ... I should work for these guys ..... :rofl:

So, more heatsinks on the motherboard does not mean better cooling? Sorry for the trivial question

There are about the same heatsinks but are painted red/blue/yellow, nothing else. There is no place for more heatsinks on these boards :)
Usually more phases = lower temps and easier to spread heat.

OC Formula can be a good choice as it's not overpriced and offers all the best but I think it's not available yet and you will have to wait couple of days.

also in low price ... I wouldn't think long if had it in local store but I don't and I already have that magical MSI board ;)

A chiller is still water cooling, just at below ambient temps. Condensation WILL be an issue, thus conformal coating would be a huge plus. :)

Back