• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS Hero 7 OC Help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Conners

Ok this continues from a thread that was closed by an admin.

I have been stress testing with P95 and passed one hour @ 4.6GHz (1.25V vcore) and memory running @ 1366MHz. I upped the memory to it's rated 2400MHz @ 1.65V and 10-12-12-31-1T. It now gets really hot 92C and crashes. Why does it get so hot just by using the rated memory?

Because the IMC (Internal Memory Controller) in the chip is working harder using more voltage. Can you set the IMC voltage in the bios?

BTW is that 18GB or ram or 16? Me thinks it's 16gb.

Someone splain to me the difference between sync all cores and per core setting. Does it affect the power saving mode? Which is best one for Ocing? Also would IMC be the same thing as system agent?

Syncing the cores has them all operating at the same speed. You can set different clocks for each core if you want but I keep mine synced. It also makes it possible to OC two cores further than the other 2 or 1 or whatever you want.

What can you tell me about CPU cash voltage as it relates to the vcore voltage?

I suppose no one knows the answer to the cashe voltage question.

I am thinking I am going to be stable @4.6 GHz. What stressing programs do you peeps recommend for an official stability test? Cause I'm ready to do it!

It all depends on what you're using the rig for. I use mine for my work and cannot afford to have it crash on me, I do not find running Aida 64 to be a reliable for what I use my Pc for, where as a lot of people on this forum do. If you're only doing browsing and gaming 4 hours of Aida 64 should be suffice. For myself 2 hours of Prime Blend is what I use. I know if I can pass 2 hours of Blend I can throw anything that I use my Pc for at it and it will not crash. I have had instances where I have run Aida 64 for 3+ hours and still had crashes, but none after passing 2 hours of Prime Blend.

Just started playing with 4.7 GHz after the 4.6 with all c states and Intel speed step enabled. I also use the balanced power saving feature so the cpu and power will both drop. Anyhow for your viewing pleasure... Note to self...this is @ 1333MHz memory timings on auto. Sorry picture difficulties...

Last edited:
As of last night my old q6600 machine got shut down and my Hero VII, 4790K with 16gig of Trident X ram came online cooled with a H100I powered by a Rm 850 with a GTX 760 sc in a H440 red/black. And it's been a cake walk.

So I finally bought an external cd rom and was completing on an external HDD. Then I thunked, WTF why wouldn't a laptop HDD work for backup/libraries and it would fit in the 2 1/2" side bays where the SSD's are located . So a local store had a 1TB Seagate SSHD. Not sure what that means exactly, but hey, $60 for 1TB, I'm in. LOL . Not to mention a Klipsch Pro Media 2.1 speaker set up.

Last edited:
Back