• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED why be dis?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

caddi daddi

Godzilla to ant hills
It sure looks like i need to find 2 more 7850's to replace these gtx760's when folding, same project and core on all three cards.
the amd/7850 rig draws around 150 watts and the intel/dual 760 rig draws around 350 watts.:bang head

solved by installing an older driver, 327.23

Attachments

• intel rig.jpg
    intel rig.jpg
    386.5 KB · Views: 155
  • amd rig.jpg
    amd rig.jpg
    342.6 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
What drivers are you running on the machine with the 760s? Anything after 327.23 has a very notable bug that drops folding performance on most Kepler cards by around 70%. There's a beta version of core 17 that has a workaround for this issue, but for whatever reason it's been stuck in beta for the last few months, and as per usual there's no ETA on when it might be moved to advanced or full.

whitehawkeq, what power?

zagen30, i run the latest, I'll check tonight.

What drivers are you running on the machine with the 760s? Anything after 327.23 has a very notable bug that drops folding performance on most Kepler cards by around 70%. There's a beta version of core 17 that has a workaround for this issue, but for whatever reason it's been stuck in beta for the last few months, and as per usual there's no ETA on when it might be moved to advanced or full.

This advise worked great for me. Nearly doubled my ppd on my Nvidia cards.

I am on driver 340.52, where are the older drivers on the gigabyte site? all I can find is the newest.....

my amp draw is the power supply cable only.

I got 327.23 in now I'll let it cook a while and see if that gets my gun away from my head.

having let the dual 760 rig run a while, it is now a folding BEAST!!!!!! at the cost of about 45 watts more, thanks guys!!!!!
it shows about 120,000 ppd at times and not lower tham 80,000.

Back