• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus bios roll back help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You are the man Boberstergizone! I couldn't find a list of any commands for AFUDOS. I had tried the /nodate switch which works for one of the flash tools but not for AFUDOS apparently. Thanks again, I'll give it a try tonight.

Ok so the /pbnc switch appears to be working, but when I use the /nr switch I just get a usage line.

I looked up other switches like /x etc. But I don't see the /r switch. Hmm
Any ideas?

EDIT: Just found the /r switch. It's for windows only.

View attachment 153884
View attachment 153885

Last edited:
Whewhee, am so glad...

...so glad I don't own one of that model of motherboard. Hehehe. I spent about 3 hours last night searching nothing but that model of motherboard and bios roll back. I have rolled back an Asus bios before but that ASUS M3A79T-Deluxe board is a pure pain to roll back. Seems the very very early bioses were some of the best when I found that long 65 page thread at XS forums. The later bioses had Thuban Support built in and they seemed stable but were not as good for overclocking non-Thubans. Shett shett.

So I found these things:
1. If the bios chip is not soldered in...I would buy a new one programmed to the very first board bios. Hehehe. Shett.

2. I still think that the CrashFree2 Recovery from the Asus dVd might work.

3. Many only made the bios roll-back work with an ES AFUDOS. 207es, 229es or 238es were said to work. Download links are no longer good since mediafire download is taken over by someone site wanting me to register. Forkem. I did uncover a couple of the ES AFUDOS flashers but oh well.

4. So without the board in hand to work it over with everything one after another...I am over it. Hehehe.
Luck man.
RGone...ster.

Bob I truely appreciate your help and lengthy research. I have found the same threads and had no idea it would be so difficult to roll this thing back.

1. I do believe it is NOT soldered in but need to do some research on that.

2. From the research that I did last night I believe I hosed myself using the /pbnc switch as this wipes the boot block where the CrashFree2 data is stored. :/

3. I have versions 2.38 and 2.41. They are only slightly different but neither was effective obviously.

4. It's to bad you don't live closer. LOL

I could use a little LUCK!!

Thanks

2. From the research that I did last night I believe I hosed myself using the /pbnc switch as this wipes the boot block where the CrashFree2 data is stored. :/
I could use a little LUCK!!

Thanks

Well not using /pbnc was a sure no flash. Well make that no flash to an earlier bios version.
RGone...

The chip to the right of the SB heatsink and left of the IDE port is a removable bios chip.

That's what I was thinking to, but wasn't positive that was it. THX. Now on to EBAY to find one LOL

Well not using /pbnc was a sure no flash. Well make that no flash to an earlier bios version.
RGone...

Agreed. No worries. This is just a toy.

Wow. Can't believe you haveta buy a new BIOS chip just to get the original BIOS back.
That just sucks :(

Out of curiosity, if you buy a new BIOS chip for the board, does it have to have a BIOS on it or can you buy a blank chip and then put the BIOS of choice on it?

You asked about this over at CP. I posted there for you. For those reading here, I'll fill you in. You can only do bios rollbacks with AFUDOS Engineering version. I provided that for him at CP. With any kind of luck, he'll post back with good results here. :)

Yes you can buy blanks but you need a bios flasher to get going, if I am not wrong or hotflash the bios in another board. However the location I looked at will flash the bios you ask/tell them to flash to it. I would of course want a very early one.
RGone...

Yes you can buy blanks but you need a bios flasher to get going, if I am not wrong or hotflash the bios in another board. However the location I looked at will flash the bios you ask/tell them to flash to it. I would of course want a very early one.
RGone...

You are absolutely correct on all counts. :)

I think you specifically need "afudos 236" to revert to an older bios. you will also have to use switches as rgone stated. that specific version of afudos is basically an unlocked version, and I have used to to revert to older bioses
if you cant find it send me a pm and I will see if I dont still have it somewhere

I do still have it and it is "afudos 236es"

- - - Updated - - -

and the bios that you are flashing will need to be a stock named asus bios all the way through as well

do you know if he had the naming correct. if its not a stock asus bios name- it wont flash it

Thank you for all the replies. I have downloaded every bios for this board from the ASUS site. From 0302 the first (and the one that was on my chip) up to 1801, the most current bios and the one on my chip now.

Mr. Scott thank you for the AFUDOS 236es. I did not have that one and will download it first thing in the AM.

Good night all.

Must have been awhile since...

...since I saw all these older boards and my old memory is just not well, remembering. Hehehe. While working for DFI from 2004 thru most of 2010, of course I ran their boards and really nothing else. Often I would get what was maybe the closest competitor and try it for a little while. But mostly DFI stuff.

When I started trying to search some for "blaylock", I had forgotten what a freeken pain back-flashing some Asus could be. The M3A79-T Deluxe seems the worst I ever ran across. I have flashed my CHV backwards a number of times. Used ES flasher though.

There are two other things I did come across in searching back-flasing the M3A79-T Deluxe and that was that many said they had to flash back 'one' bios version at a time. Not just back to the earlier one that was wanted to return to. Also that once BIOS 0703 was passed, it was the furtherest back one could force a back-flash. None were ever able to revert back beyond the 0703 bios. Don't have the board so don't know if those tidbits of info are real or not. Might be a good idea to flash BACK one bios revision at a time and not be surprised if you get to 0703 and that is as far back as you can go.
RGone...ster.

Back