• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Headsets giving me Terrific pain!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kamran

hi, after an hour of my new headphone the left ear is killing me, i want to cry xD its g230, why is this happening, my right ear loves this headset, no problem at all, i already spent much money on it, and they won't get it back because it simply"hurts my hear" the only way they accept it is no audio and they will blame me for it :D (its not Logitech original warranty)

my old headset is fine its a cheap Philips one, but after, like an 3 hour is gives me headache, no earache but headache ! so i thought i get new one ! the pain is kinda connected to my jaw ! will every headset be like this for me?;(

Last edited:
i don't want to wake up everybody and annoy them :( so there's no fix? maybe my problem?! because my right ear is perfectly fine !

will new headsets fix this?

Perhaps the cans can get different padding.. or adjust it on that ear to rest in a different spot?

A new one could fix it sure as they all fit and feel different (did I really need to tell you that?!! :p).

sorry :) im horrible at audio ! i don't know anything :) i also never used a headset before !(kind of) because i don't listen to music normally

thanks, i already bought this, and i have an old philips headset + my old brothers one :D my father won't let me make a collection of headsets :)

i adjusted it a lot and it still hurts after 1 hour ~

sorry if this question was stupid, i thought maybe i get an answer that might fix it that i couldn't think of :) (like long hear infection or something !)

the headset is not touching my ear, its only touching around it!

Naa, not a stupid question at all. But if fitment around the ear is an issue, unless they have replacement padding or you can find a good spot, I think you are out of luck.

ok :) i might be able to find the replacement but the exact same one, not different in shape ! so it won't make change :)

maybe i get used to it i will reduce my headset usage, i just bought them and i was using it almost all the time :)

How exactly does it hurt, is it right around the edges of the ear where it's touching or is it pressure from the headset?

If pressure from a headset is causing it, breaking them in by just using them can help. Some people also put theirs over an object overnight for it to loosen up a bit. I know my old pair killed my ears for a good week of using them and the problem went away on its own. If you can't take them back, then you may as well keep trying to use them and see if it goes away.

If it's like a rubbing pain then I honestly don't have any ideas.

it's more where me ear joins my head !!!

but thanks, i will see if it goes away in next month, i already feel like that the pain is much lower , first time was just horrible (after i pulled my ear to see if it hurts ) xD but not its not that much but still hurts !

edit: its not :D

Last edited:
You could always cut off your ears? Most of the parts that allow you to hear are actually within your ear canal, so you wouldn't be losing anything important (unless you're a qtips model).

Don't bother with headsets. Some cheap in ear Senheisser earbuds will sound far better and be more comfortable for gaming. Get a decent condensor/electret microphone and place it damn near anywhere you want in the room, it'll pick you up. Far cheaper than gaming headsets with all round better sound quality.

I visited doctor today and i also asked him about this, after he checked my ear he told me i have a slight allergic , while my right ear is ok, he told me the same pills he gave me for my neck(i went there for my neck) will fix it(he also gave me 1 more but don't want to make this thread medical :D). Let me see what happens, and i can't buy another headset :D my cousin also told me headsets aren't good stuff and this is normal!

btw: i didn't buy this headset for its microphone ! i don't use one :)

and i didn't know they sound better :O if i knew i would buy one altought they're kinda annoying :D i already had one, i don't know how they got like thes but the cable is super sticky, + is purple, its bad for a man :D

Last edited:
Hi, I recently bought the logitech g231 (which is essentialy the same as your g230) and I have the same problem as you. It hurts my right ear really bad. I would like to ask what changed since then. Do you still use the same headphone? Could you come up with something to lower the pain, or you really had to just break it in? If so, how long did it take till the pain ceased?
Thank you in advace!

Hi, I recently bought the logitech g231 (which is essentialy the same as your g230) and I have the same problem as you. It hurts my right ear really bad. I would like to ask what changed since then. Do you still use the same headphone? Could you come up with something to lower the pain, or you really had to just break it in? If so, how long did it take till the pain ceased?
Thank you in advace!

This thread is almost 3 years old, not to mention this member hasn't been on since 06-29-17. I would doubt he's going to remember to reply to it.

Thank you in advace!

Hi! I now have a Sennheiser HD 518 (MUUUUCH BETTER sound quality :p I learnt my lesson and won't go near gaming headphones again unless they're one of the few good ones). but what I did that helped me was t stretch them. I simply just let them sit overnight stretched a little. you can use a towel or whatever to make it stretch. But I also have to admit that just simply using it overtime made the pain go away. I guess my ears got used to it. but I haven't used them in a year.

- - - Updated - - -

This thread is almost 3 years old, not to mention this member hasn't been on since 06-29-17. I would doubt he's going to remember to reply to it.

Oh god this thread is so embarrassing.... I forgot about it :D

- - - Updated - - -

Oh god this thread is so embarrassing.... I forgot about it :D

Back