• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with cooler compatible with kingston xyperx beast rams

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

quickbot

Registered
Hello all. I need your help choosing the best price/performance/looks/silent cooler thats tall enough to go over these ram heatsinks. I have dual rams in 1-3 slots(from cpu side) as other two slots doesnt recognise both rams as dual.

So all in all ill be getting FX 8320 cpu and do some minor oc, but my cpu cooler is way too large for that asi need to adjust fan for almost an inch to be ableto keep ram in first slot.

So i really need help here, cos i was looking at corsair liquid cooling and lots of tests and they are pretty bad vs air coolers in same price range.

My money for this would be ~60-70euros...but ill gladly spend more if something like V8 gts fits in. I have ud3 mobo and Cooler master CM HAF 932 ADVANCED ( so can fit everything that doesnt bother tall ram's.

Only problem, that many 2014 models still havnt hit local stores, like R1 or thermaltake power 140. But will examine all suggestions.

Thank you in advance!

Those are exceptionally tall heat-spreaders. It's hard to tell if something would be a guaranteed fit without having all the measurements, but you could look at the Phanteks PHTC14PE. You have the option to move the 140mm fans up slightly to clear ram if necessary, but I'm unsure if the sink will also clear the ram.

As a starting point, the Noctua D14 has 44mm of ram clearance. Your beasts are 46.4mm so that cooler is out according to the specs.

Edit: Phanteks site says < 40mm so that one's out as well.

Last edited:
You may be better off changing the Ram with a set of low profile ones, then trying to find a compatible heatsink.

You may be better off changing the Ram with a set of low profile ones, then trying to find a compatible heatsink.
This. I have a set and they are tall. I have been using custom or AIO water so that really didn't matter much for me.

Ok, thanks guys. Next time ill know to research more carefully. Have to learn that in hard way this time :) Wont change rams as ive got em few days ago and payd 150euro, so for a while ill really need to stick with liquid cooler thats much louder than air cooler.

Back