• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is 2 7970's for $500 wowrth it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Kinda steep. I bought mine from the classies for less than half on one of those. The OC version is voltage locked. Still a wicked card tho!

You can buy used 280X's under 200 each.

If you want new get two 970s and call it a day

If you don't mind used, I bought 3 R9 280x OC versions for an average price of $187/ea delivered. All three came in full retail boxes and all of the bits.

If you go for used 280X's, get either MSI, Gigabyte, or ASUS models as the warranties are transferable and tied to the serial # on the card. Just sent a MSI 280X in for RMA to get new fans since one of them was grinding (former mining card) and had the card fixed and returned in about 7 days including shipping.

If you're planning to spend >$200 anyways though you'd probably be better off getting a single 970 instead since they pack a heck of a punch for the price & low TDP:
http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1355?vs=1041

Back