• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

580 or 750ti?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thatbonokid

went through some trouble.. now im stuck with a phenom 3.2 840, 4 gb ddr 1600, evo SSD, A gtx 580 EVGA version 1.5gb and a gigbyte windforce 750ti.. i also have an evga SC 750ti but i dont like the fact it takes 0 6 pins so im using the gigabyte. All I play is CSGO. Im sick of my pc being hot from the gtx 580.. will this 750ti do me good enough?

The 750 uses more efficient architecture so it can run at lower power levels. You have more on-board memory and higher clocks with the 750Ti. However, if memory serves me right, the 580 has a wider memory bus and more texture mapping units. I'd lean more towards efficiency in this case.

+1 for the 750ti. Much more efficient, probably better stock performance, more overclocking headroom, more onboard ram.

CSGO = counter strike global offensive

They'd be close. I think the 750Ti is the better option.

You have both (all three cards). Why not compare them yourself with Fraps. If the results are similar between the 580 and 750ti, I'd go with the latter.

CSGO = counter strike global offensive

They'd be close. I think the 750Ti is the better option.

You have both (all three cards). Why not compare them yourself with Fraps. If the results are similar between the 580 and 750ti, I'd go with the latter.
:thup::attn:

The 750Ti overclocks quite well and you can easily hit 1400MHz on the core with a BIOS mod. I'd pick a 750Ti any day.

Thread moved.

i just figured since a 580 can hold up with a 760, it would be a no contest.. and these things dont even take power

i am looking at alot of reviews.. its only 60w. its built to be the fastest least power consuming.. if overclocking it takes it to 580 speeds... how do you go about this?

Raise the core and memory clocks. Some cards have voltage control, others do not.

Raise one at at time, do a quick stability check with a game or benchmark, and move on if its stable. When it freezes, either add voltage or back down the clocks.

How do you go about GPU overclocking? Basically the same as CPU OC in bios only you do it with an app in Windows. The app will have sliders for the core freq, mem freq, and (possibly) voltage. Slide your way to free performance (testing for screen artifacts and heat along the way, of course ;)).

Back