• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pimochill acrylic failure

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

outhouse

Twice now I have had the tubing crack right about the DDC pump. :sly:

Not sure its ready for prime time in a reliable loop.

Im switching the intake side that keeps failing out to copper since it is a small 2" run.

Im getting 4 weeks tops in between failure, each time the tubing cracks a part.

Keep an eye on your intake side of the DDC

Can you post some pics, so people know what to look for?

Do you think it might be caused by over tightening?

You cannot miss it if it cracks on the intake side of the pump, you hear the air running through the system.

You cannot overtighten the revolver fittings.

My guess is the acrylic fails to handle the constant vibration of the pump which is minimal.

Funny its the old 10w version, there is almost no vibration and its dead silent.

Thanks for the heads up. The rigid acrylic tubing is definitely a step up in aesthetics from flexible, but I am leery with just one acrylic tube reservoir for cracking (though I only had 1 of probably 6 crack in 10 years) main reason I havent switched to rigid acrylic is concern of cracking (that and lot more work to do bends). Seems like polycarbonate tubing like here, would be better, would eliminate cracking issues...though polycarbonate is 3x expense and polycarbonate surface scratches easier.

Yep that may be a better choice.

So far no issues with any connection or res.

I run water only with silver to avoid making the acrylic brittle.

I think these fittings are also a step up over any older tubing connections.

Worse case I go all copper.

This is my last tower build, I may tear it down and build the into my desk. Air flow, space, and access all make it superior to the tower, including being able to have my res above the loop.

Thanks for the heads up. I always gave folks a heads up when it came to rigid tubing. For me personally, acrylic is just for a show room PC but if its a personal 24/7 rig, regular tubing is the way to go. Makes maintenance easier me thinks let alone installations.

Back