• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX-8370 liquid cooling system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

quickbot

Registered
Hello all, i start to stress out as i cant find any good air cooler that would fit ower my kingston beast rams. So as i already decided to buy fx8350 i had problem finding cooler, but today i found out, that paying 20euro extra i can get FX-8370 with liquid cooling system as a stock cooler. But now i cant find any info/tests of this cooler, prolly dont know right places where too look, just ask lots of stupid questions :D

So could anyong review this stock liquid cooler, who does have one? Does it performs ok? will it keep my cpu under the 60C limit? Does that cooler lasts long enough and doesnt break/leak fast? I have very good case cooling with 3x 200mm fans as front/side intake, upper one sucks out and back one is 140mm.

Sorry about spamming multiple posts, but i need to get ansvers asap.... worst thing is having money to buy stuff, but cant get sure what to buy lol

Posting multiple threads will not get your questions answered any faster. Posting details about your system will...

What case do you have?
Got it from your other thread - HAF 932

Do you know how to use Google? (I found a review of the 8370 aio cooler almost immediately...). It'll keep the 8370 under 60. If it's only $20 difference, I'd say go with it and avoid the ram clearance issues.

Last edited:
Posting multiple threads will not get your questions answered any faster. Posting details about your system will...

A few questions:
Do you know how to use Google? (I found a review of the 8370 aio cooler almost immediately...)

What case do you have?
Got it from your other thread - HAF 932

What's the price difference of the 8370 w/ the AIO cooler vs just the chip itself?

here in local stores i only can get fx-8370 kit with liquid cooler - cheapest one 180euro, the fx-8350 - 153euro cheapest one. My case is pretty awesome at cooling, only i cant find any in depth user reviews about this liquid cooler. All i know that at max speed its damn loud with 68db o.0 but shouldnt be a problem with this case(hopefully)

on average 4690k price is 210euro, but then ill need ~100euro more for intel mobo

Oh, you already have the motherboard...

Can you list what you have already purchased or will be reusing?

Oh, you already have the motherboard...

Can you list what you have already purchased or will be reusing?

Purchased. evo 840 ssd, rams 2x 8gb kingston xypher beast, GA-990FXA-UD3 mobo, corsair RM750 psu, RAF932 case.

Will be reusing gtx770 gpu and will be a bit upgrading from phenom II x4 965.

Prolly next upgrade in few years will be to intel, but not sure. So now thanks to rams i need new cooler and found out that wilt the cpu i need i can get a liquid cooler as a stock kit. all so shiny, all i want, but not sure what i need :D Luckly my case have wheels as that monster weights alot :D

Ok, good choices so far. :thup:

With the 8370 and cooler only being $20 more than the 8350 without a cooler, I would definitely go that route. The Amd isn't going to be the top performer and is frankly going to be loud, but you'll be hard pressed to beat that price. High end air will be twice as much at least and probably won't work with your ram. A better AIO water cooler will be 3-4 times as much and will probably only improve your noise output by a significant amount.

The stock cooler with the FX8370 is similar to the Corsair H60 so would be considered a moderate to bare minimum cooling solution depending on what you are planning to do with your system. If you are planning a big overclock then better cooling will be needed.

But for only 20 more then the FX8350 it can do for now till you can go bigger on cooling if you need and save some money. If you really plan to push any of these FX 8XXX on a big overclock, over 4.6 / 4.7 GHZ you will need to go to a full custom loop at some point.

That board is nothing but trouble for that 8-core. I wouldn't try to overclock on that thing. I had ver.3 and it was nothing but problems due to power starvation & major overheating. Also wouldn't run the ram I had over 1600. I can run 2400 ram with the sabertooth, overclock, and have rock solid stability all day long.

Looks like stock cooler for this cpu is Cooler Master Seidon 120XL. Shouldnt be bad i hope, if only wont act as a reactive plane :D
Thank you all for help. SO im gonna buy it and see how it performs. Wont do any oc, maby a lil one if i get some step by step on internet.... :)

Last edited:
You should be ok as long as you have good air flow in that case. From reading, its a 125w chip and as said already that would be the bare minimum on that AIO.

I am not sure if I would push more than the already factory OCs. Depending on the temps (ambient, case, CPU etc), you might even end up down clocking for better temps.

Back