• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Time to upgrade! Yorkfield XE to Haswell.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JeremyCT

Funds have been tight for so long with school and whatnot that it's fun to let loose just a little. I've got a Z87 + 4670k setup coming to me via the classies here, which means I'll be going from Yorkfield XE straight to Haswell. Kind of an entirely different game, but it should be fun. It's only 3 whole microarchitectures newer and 2 process nodes smaller. (and yet, that C2Q still hangs in there admirably, I have to admit)

I briefly considered strapping my 212 evo to the new chip, but if I'm in this far I may as well do it right the first time and just use the loop that's existent in the case. D-Tek does make an 115x mount kit for the Fuzion V2, but I think it's time to move on. $20+shipping for the adapter or $50+shipping for a new block. I think the new block is probably the better call. I don't plan to de-lid at this point, but I guess we'll see.

I plan to pick up some Gelid GC Extreme and an XSPC Raystorm unless someone has a really good reason to choose something else. I'm not after ultimate performance on this one, just the best products for the money. I've been happy with the XSPC gear I've bought in the past, and I'm hoping the Raystorm is just as good. It seems to be, but please educate me if there's something I've missed with not being an active participant on the watercooling fora in a while.

That's awesome, I kinda like it. A bit too dodgy for me though. I'll be sure to mention that if I decide to sell the D-tek in the classies here though, lol.

That's awesome, I kinda like it. A bit too dodgy for me though. I'll be sure to mention that if I decide to sell the D-tek in the classies here though, lol.
I tried to sell mine in 4 different forums and only had 1 person ask about it over a 3 month period!

That is the reason still had it. Read about a guy converting a 775 bracket to fit and 1150 cpu so I tried it with the block and it works!

Back