• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Drab forum look?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

orion456

Is it my imagination, or has the forum look changed for the worse. I used to enjoy just seeing the forum, it was quite elegant. But now its rather drab and plain looking. IMHO a move down.

Does anyone have a screen capture of the old look for comparison?

We already have a discussion thread on this in the Forum Feedback section, no? Why create one in the F@H section too? Being in this section, it is doubtful that if anything helpful comes out of it, that will get to the staff. I'll keep an eye out here, but I don't see the point of this thread, particularly in this section.

Personally, I like the look (I use the Dark theme only though). It is a work in progress as we mention in the FF thread. If you have not, please take a look at that thread and the things we are working on. :)

In general, this is the only place I come in the forum on a daily basis and these are the people who I know best - a bit like a family. I have had time to know their demeanor and to weight their judgement. Hence, I would prefer to hear what they think first.

Of course this is the FAH forum, but general considerations have some significance as well. If people are unhappy with the forum they often just stop coming and switch to a different FAH family without saying anything. Here is a chance I thought to hear some general comments about the look of their FAH forum.

In my case, I feel not as pleased seeing the changed look and I noticed it affects my enthusiasm.

So my points is.....I'm feeling not so good about the forum look where I interface with folding....are you?

For the record, I thought the previous look was the best FAH forum on the net. I don't even know what has changed exactly, but the new look is disappointing for me.

Last edited:
The way I look at it, the forums have nothing to do with the work done by participating in F@H. Perhaps I am too loyal, but a new look on a forum that I did not like would not lead me to another team. It would however lead me to suggest feedback instead of just 'I don't like it'.

Please feel free to discuss with your F@H family of course. If you come up with some constructive criticism, we are all ears. I am looking forward to your input... :)

There's them that squawk and them that walk, and in my experience, a lot more walk because its hassle free. Looking at the stats we have had a lot of walking recently for a lot of reasons I suppose.

My constructive suggestion is to bring back the previous look, I really liked it. Oh and no more of that grey look it had for a while either. Oh and get rid of that welcome box on the right, it limits the size of the windows - though I suppose that's to make it more tablet friendly.

I can't believe in all these years I never took one screen shot of the forum....argh.

Last edited:
There we are, thanks to Google, a screen shot. I posted the two looks one after the other and you can see the 2nd shot, IMHO is drab. The first shot is appealing, dynamic, interesting [to me] - the 2nd rather looks like a dial up bulletin board from the old days. Look at all the wasted black space to the right and down the right side and the vibrant blues vs pastel look. We need to kick this forum look up; "bam" a flash of color, "zap" the electric blue look back.

Attachments

• drab ocforum look.jpg
    drab ocforum look.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
I have to agree with orion, it's a drab look and needs a little more of a glam look.

Back