• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help o/c a quirky e8600

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

funsoul

Hi folks!

Been trying to overclock what looks to be an abused e8600. Has mad discolorations on the bottom of the chip and no multi setting appears in the bios (multi setting shows for all other CPUs I've tried).

Started by leaving everything on auto except for the fsb which I gradually raised and got to boot into windows at 600x10. Checked voltages using speedfan and then switched to manual using pll=1.69, vtt=1.49, vNB=1.52 and vcore of 1.75.

Am not able to get it past about 602. Tried raising vcore all the way to 1.95 but it makes no difference whatsoever. Any ideas of other things to try? What cpu gtl value(s) do you think? If it's a fsb hole, what fsb do you think should be tried 610 and 615 froze instantly.

Tia!

Hey Witchyman!! It's pretty unstable and haven't gotten it dialed in but looking like 5950-ish for short 2d's, 5750-ish for the heavier ones.

Hey Witchyman!! It's pretty unstable and haven't gotten it dialed in but looking like 5950-ish for short 2d's, 5750-ish for the heavier ones.

It has been a while, Seems like a decent clock. Prolly need to be in the 6+ Ghz range to score big ?

Yeah...6.2-6.3. Figure this thing's gotta have more to give. Very odd that going from 1.75 to 1.95v does absolutely nothing to improve speed or stability :/ Makes me think I'm missing something else.

You can try more NB but make sure it is cool enough
Mine used to get so hot you couldn't touch it
But I had the formula

Very odd that going from 1.75 to 1.95v does absolutely nothing to improve speed or stability

Of course, I wouldn't expect better for squat, unlike a Barton. Definitely not like a 130 nm. :D

(Or a PIII :D)

I would expect a plateau at 1.6ish.

Back