• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can I Upgrade My Graphics (I Am New To Forums)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Welcome!

You likely can, sure! can you list your system specifications? (CPU/motherboard/ram/power supply) and we can help you better.

What are your goals with a new card? Budget?

Aim is better gaming ability, budget is maybe 40 quid, using windows 7, 2gb ram, 2.7ghz processor. Do you need any other info?

(CPU/motherboard/ram/power supply)

We'll need model numbers to determine what your system is capable of supporting.

EDIT: And yes, as mentioned below, 40 pounds isn't going to do much, especially in an already-aged system. Keep saving would be my advice.

Last edited:
We need the motherboard...

Can you post screenshots of a program called cpuz? We need.the first tba, mainboard, spd, and memory tabs. We also need to know what power supply is in there. Take a picture of the label with its ratings.

For 1920x1080 gaming, a 750ti would be my minimum.

installing now, short on time though. Will post images when i get the chance. Thanks for helping this far.:clap:

Cheap board... but it will still support a PCIe videocard!! 750Ti would be my choice at minimum.

If I was you, I would save for an upgrade that would make more of a difference... a new PC. By the time you throw $300 at this you are half way to a MUCH better system.

Very true, been thinking that myself. £ 100 for new card, only £200 gets me a nice machine....hmmm...

Very true, been thinking that myself. £ 100 for new card, only £200 gets me a nice machine....hmmm...

Before you buy a new machine, if that's the route you want to take. Then let us know what it is so we can make sure it fits your needs. If you do get a new Gpu the I agree with ED and the 750 Ti.

As the machine has potential for memory expansion and the 750ti, this rig would do for another couple of years I reckon. Is it plug n play, im a confident amateur?

2GB is a killer for today's games. I would get 2x2GB and a GPU and see what that does...

What videocard is actually in this machine? Can you post a screenshot of GPUz (google it and download the program like CPUz).

Back