• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I'd like to join the bench team, but.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Very nice Witchy! You should come join the Dark Side! LOL C_P is lucky to have you!

Especially if you push the Bclk without a strap or even with the strap exceeding the strap. You push too far, bye bye SATA data. :)
Hey man, I rocked 108Mhz BCLK for a month on my SB i5 :D
Not many can run that high for so long so it's something I guess :p

I also want to ask, how do you guys keep LN2 cold??
I thought it would heat up in storage to room temps?
Or does it just stay cold forever?

it evaporates as it heats up.

you store it in a dewar that is designed to maximize life, but ultimantly it is use it or loose it

Last edited:
I'm just trying out how to get rid of this POS CPU. I can complain it requires too many volts to run at stock and do an RMA cross ship. I can't get 4.3 out of it. Seriously though, an Ivy Bridge that needs 1.35v to run at stock turbo speeds is way too much. I can tell them my temps at stock are in the 80's. They were with a Megahelem.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryogenic_storage_dewar
and http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php/670468

Also, I aim to fill a dewar tomorrow. If I succeed, I will throw up a livestream over the weekend and show the process and answer questions.

Can't see the 2nd link? (Permission denied)

@Daddyjaxx
I dunno.. something tells me Intel might not honor that RMA.
Maybe give them a screenshot of Prime95 failing at turbo speeds with stock voltage and give them pics of your cooler.

...Also, I aim to fill a dewar tomorrow. If I succeed, I will throw up a livestream over the weekend and show the process and answer questions.

That would be cool, I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully I won't have any family obligations. Is there any chance of 2 way audio? Maybe X-Fire, Ventrilo or even WebEx?

he will have audio on his side. you will have to type and him read
or thats how it used to work. ive been out of the loop for a while

OK, I'm getting Win7 installed on another partition. I tried it on a second partition of my second SSD drive and it was super slow and even after installing the chipset drivers, there were a ton of hardware driver problems. I split off 100GB from my C drive and everything installed fine. I'm just downloading all of the updates now.

Win7.jpg

Hey Jaxx, Are you going to use that Win7 partition for Benching? If so you may run all the 3D Benches without the updates as some of the updates are buggy.
Is your SSD a 6GB/s? Do you have a 6GB/s SATA cable to get the most out of you SSD, if it is a 3GB/s Drive you must use a 3GB/s cable or everything will run slow.

Good to see your going to join the team :clap:

@Techjesse, from what I understand there is no difference in the generations of cables, they just added clips to the end of them to keep them in place.

@Techjesse, from what I understand there is no difference in the generations of cables, they just added clips to the end of them to keep them in place.

I've been using the Asus cables that come bundled with my x79 Asus motherboard and are labeled in the manual as being compatible with either SATA 3Gb/s or SATA 6Gb/s. I was having a slower score on my HDD's using CrystalDiskMark and good scores on (using the Asus cables) my SSD's. Come to find out that two of the older SATA 3Gb/s cables was bad so I changed them out with new cables and everything works fine. Maybe this happened to Jaxx too. There should not be any performance difference between SATA 3Gb/s and SATA 6Gb/s cables. However, The place where I got into trouble is when I was using a cheap cable that has either bad connections or uses sub-par materials.

Back