• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

UGHH!!! I'm stumped lol

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

S_I_N

OK! So I got the new 780T case and I'm stumped on rads. At my disposal I have in the XT45 (45mm think for those who dont know) in 360mm 240mm and 280mm. I can easily put the 360 in the roof the 280 in the front and the 240 in the floor. Only problem is that the 240 will only be able to have a single fan on it. I dont mean push or pull I mean 1 fan ONLY. As the 280mm sits down far enough to prevent a fan on the other spot. I also have arriving tomorrow another 360mm rad that I was going to use for my backup rig (AMD 6350) cpu only loop. The rad arriving tomorrow is a XSPC EX360 which is 35.5mm thick.

So whats y'all thoughts on rad placement?? I know it'll look cleaner with the dual 360's and thats my plan for later is to get 2 UT360's (60mm thick) rads. But budget is tapped atm and I really want to get my main back up and running.

OH! I should mention I'm cooling a delidded (but not nekid) 4770k @4.5GHz @1.260 vcore and xfired 7970's running the GHz bios not oc'd cause they have never been a need to oc em lol.

You should still be ok. Figure you also have a 120.1 passive rad, if you will. :p

so you'd advise the triple rad versus the dual 360's?? just wondering what tubing nightmare I'm setting myself up for with the way the 3 have to sit lol. The 280 in the front will be barbs down as it wont fit barbs up without cutting the optical bays. And the 240 will have to go barbs to the middle for the same reason a fan wont fit lol. The 360 will be barbs to the rear as well as it dont exactly line up barbs the other way and then theres the issue they'll be in the opti bays lol. Been there done that with my switch build what a pita lol.

so you'd advise the triple rad versus the dual 360's?? just wondering what tubing nightmare I'm setting myself up for with the way the 3 have to sit lol. The 280 in the front will be barbs down as it wont fit barbs up without cutting the optical bays. And the 240 will have to go barbs to the middle for the same reason a fan wont fit lol. The 360 will be barbs to the rear as well as it dont exactly line up barbs the other way and then theres the issue they'll be in the opti bays lol. Been there done that with my switch build what a pita lol.

Not to pounce on you but why didn't you think of this before buying the case. I PREACH of making sure what your loop will consist of will fit in the case. Case buying is the last thing on the list. Common brother! lol

Anyhow, I'd go with whatever fits and doesn't include modding and looks the cleanest but that's just me. If you did a few things differently, I am not sure it will be a huge difference in performance.

well the initial plan was to get 2 new UT60 rads ( I love alphacool rads lol )along with the case. But as it does life reared up and I had to use some of my play with money for a minor emergency. I still plan on doing that its just a month or so out now lol and I want my main up NOW!! lol

well the initial plan was to get 2 new UT60 rads ( I love alphacool rads lol )along with the case. But as it does life reared up and I had to use some of my play with money for a minor emergency. I still plan on doing that its just a month or so out now lol and I want my main up NOW!! lol

Gotcha! It happens but be patient my son. :p

lol I'm missing my baby lol.

I think so I can get her back into action I'm going to do the triple route. My plans are to use the 35mm rad for the amd setup with will be cpu only so it should be fine. And then when I get the $$$$ as planned get my 2 UT60's and pimp it out I may even try hardline.

Ok so I ended up going 360 in roof and 280 in front. Made no sense to have a rad with just a single fan on it plus I need the floor space to mount the pump lol. But My temps are back down and running both rads push pull. Fans may change later but for now its good lol. Running the AF140mm AF's from the 540 and 780T on the 280mm and Bitfenix 120mm led fans on the 360mm. The bloke who sold me the bitfenix's didnt include the jumper to make the leds work so I'm trying to source some. But all are white led even though the pic makes it look blue.

20140919_171825_zps322085a8.jpg

Back