• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tips for wire management?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mattyts

Registered
When this PC was built,it wasn't built or considered with wire management in mind,I've tried to tidy it up a little but I'm looking for a few tips to improve it a little.

Here's the system now: Pics are when powered up and down

P1000936_zpsd914c0e6.jpg

P1000937_zpsaf835aa7.jpg

And here's what you see when the case is together,through the side panel:

P1000938_zpsec81d9e1.jpg

I'm not too bothered about clearing the hard drive slot wiring up as that isn't visible,it's mainly the bulk of wires coming from the PSU and going behind the case (routing space is limited and my case bulges slightly with all that wiring running behind it.

So yeah,any tips would be appreciated :)

If I had this set-up I would run your blue sata cable through the bottom rectangular cut-out if it's long enough. Tuck the ram cooler power cable in a little more. If you're able to, fabricate a plate to hide the PSU and opening at the bottom. There are some factory cases that come with these and they look really nice. I'll look around and see if I can find a pic of what I'm taking about. Sleeving makes a world of difference to. It doesn't clean anything up, but it makes what you do see cleaner.

EDIT: PICS ADDED-Sorry about size.

This is the Phanteks Entoo Primo. Notice the plate on the side covering the access holes. very nice.
Enthoo-Primo_5.jpg

This is the NZXT H440. This one has a PSU guard that covers the wire harness. Not exactly easy to make in your garage though. LOL
Glossy_White_and_Matte_Black_Final-1.110.jpg

Last edited:
I would just do an image search of "case wire management pics". You will get tons of good ideas that way. That being said you have two strikes against you. That case has no built in wire management to speak of. You have a non modular psu. If you have a case with good wire management cut outs you can still do some nice wire management with a non modular psu. My advice would be to get a decent case for $100. Yo have some nice hardware. It will look way better and your airflow will be much better.

Disconnect all wiring, bundle together so they are not intertwined, all straight. Use zip ties , you could even run it straight pout through the second opening if it is all straight and tied together to give you a good look

take the MB 8 pine strait up, drill a hole if you have too

Take both GPU power cables together from the bottom straight up to their plugs using zip ties

try to fit through the smaller holes

Get that SATA through the bottom, replace all SATA cables with round black ones. Buy proper lengths

take case wires through hole above

Remember seeing the wires is not the problem, wires can add character if done properly

Dump the Memory fan altogether, you don't need it as long as the case has decent fans and airflow

The whole time try to keep all bundled wires for being intertwined through out.

Here is a pic of a build I did with a similar case a few years ago

Attachments

• Spencers PC.jpg
    Spencers PC.jpg
    266 KB · Views: 119
Back