• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

thermaltake kandalf

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mudajama

Got an opertunity to get a hold of of of these for $50. Not a bad price. But what do you think about the block pump rad handling my FX-8320 with some medium OC

That is a case by itself... There is no block/pump/rad included.

Sorry. Yes. Looks like all the original stuff is included. 360rad 500l/hr pump and the all copper block. I have my own swiftech 360 and a phobya pump. Might do an overkill dual rad dual pump. Lol why not. Then if I ever get a block for my GPU I'll toss it in or split the loops

So do you have model numbers for the block, pump, and rad that'll be used?

I wouldn't trust my system to that, nor would it perform well on a current gen system.

That watercooling setup inside that case is the Thermaltake Big Water. Noway that is going to cool the FX-8320. It's total junk. You would have done better getting the case separate and an AIO cooling the Corsair H100i. I good air cooler would be better than that Big Water.

Lol oh big whater what shall we do with you. I guess my only other question is how do you think the block would do with my phobya 400L/hr pump and a mcr320 1/2 hose. I just need a block and this jumped out at me on craigslist as a good deal

Lol oh big whater what shall we do with you. I guess my only other question is how do you think the block would do with my phobya 400L/hr pump and a mcr320 1/2 hose. I just need a block and this jumped out at me on craigslist as a good deal

I'd spend the $50 on a real block.

Really. I mean the rad is a joke. But the block? Looks like some 1\2 fittings on a decent rad n pump wouldn't do too bad. All copper. Or is that block design just total junk.

That watercooling setup inside that case is the Thermaltake Big Water. Noway that is going to cool the FX-8320. It's total junk. You would have done better getting the case separate and an AIO cooling the Corsair H100i. I good air cooler would be better than that Big Water.

My thoughts exactly.

OP, I'd relist that stuff on Craigslist and hope someone picks up the 8+ year old crap and get your money back.

mudajama, you already have it correct? Try it out and see how it performs. Is it going to be a great watercooling solution, probably not, but it may be enough to keep the 8320 cool for a midrange OC.

mudajama, you already have it correct? Try it out a look and see how it performs. Is it going to be a great watercooling solution, probably not, but it may be enough to keep the 8320 cool for a midrange OC.

Thanks. I think I will. Can't go wrong for 50. Worst case its a nice case. Ha muly old block was a ghetto rigged a8n danger den. So I would suppose a purpose built would do good

If it were me I'd give it a try only if I didn't have to go spending more money to get it to be compatible with your components. If you have to get a kit, if they make one, to be able to mount the block on your mobo/cpu then maybe selling it would be a good idea. Though like I said if it fits it's worth giving it a shot, since you have it already.

I picked it up today. Very nice. Very clean. Only one little scratch. He left the loop hooked up. no leaks. I might throw in a old mobo of mine and run P95 for a while. I'm confident its all good but not enough lol. He didn't have any of the brackets. But this is ok. I'm very good at fabrication. Looking at the block and the internet for ideas on what the original bracket looked like. Looks like an H beam that goes across the block. So I'll probably make something out of some heavy steel. Smooth it out and paint it black. Going to gut the case and paint the interior. Any ideas? The case is black. My first instinct is black but I'm feeling like being different. Oh. Blue lights inside. Going to name it Poseidon

Black works, my only suggestion is make sure you prep it well, clean it and scuff it up before you paint.

What do you suggest for all of the intregat internals. The factory paint coat is terrible. Bubbles, rough. Yuck! I'm guessing a chemical stripper to avoid damage. Then a detergent bath, rinse and because its steel. Oven dry. Primer. Then black on the outide and orange for the inside with black details. Then a clear coat on the inside. And clear coat, clear coat, clear coat. With lots of wetsanding for the outside.

Well if you're going to re paint the whole thing you may not need to remove all the stock paint. You may be able to get away with just scuffing it up. As far as pepping a good de-greaser and blow out should be sufficient.

Back