• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How long before non-reference GTX 980s arrive?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bobjackson

Registered
I'm somewhat new to the whole PC part release timeframe. I'm wondering (generally) how long after the release of a new GPU do you start to see all the custom cards coming out? I've read about a couple (ASUS Strix 6gb and a Zotac, which aren't actually out yet), but how long do you think it'll be before there's at least one non-reference 980 from each manufacturer available to buy?

I was about to place an order for an EVGA 980, but figured I should wait to see what custom cards come out. But if it's gonna be a couple months before they're availalbe I might just buy the reference card.

A couple of weeks and we should start seeing some available.

Gigabyte is already in reviews. Zotac should be soon too. I have seen ASUS Strix in previews and it's listed in local stores so will be in couple of days.
EVGA has only reference or near reference cards from what I saw. I bet that the same as in previous series the only fully non-reference will be Classified.
MSI will be soon too but I hate their warranty sticker policy on every card.
Palit/Gainward have only reference cards.

Back