• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Who has a GTX 970 on the way?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
What means hot ? 50*C, 60*C, 80*C+ ? ... my Gigabyte GTX970 is running at max ~70*C on stock cooler after some OC. Actually difference between stock and overclocked is like 1-3*C. When you pass ~70*C then card starts to slightly throttle to keep lower temps ( what can be adjusted in software ).

Edit:
I just saw your post in other thread. 80*C is still safe but depends from card's settings it may throttle down as I already mentioned. You won't see big difference but best is to set higher thermal limit in something like Afterburner or just try to keep temps at about 70*C or lower.
Max safe temps will be something above 90*C so it's more about that throttling than the card's safety.

Last edited:
Bought an eVGA GTX970 SC ACX2.0, from Newegg, $349 w/ Farcry4. Cap whine was a little ridiculous while running initial benchmark but now I can't hear it. Playing a few hours of the new game seems to have 'broken it in'. :p

Last edited:
I've been having driver issues with my ATI card for a while now and finally got fed up and purchased a GTX 970 for $330 including a free game.

I am VERY excited as I haven't upgraded anything inside my PC in about 5 years. Current video card?

HD4890 :eek:

Just picked up 2 Asus Strix 970's last night with a free game each, like nightelph stated. Ill probably go with AC5 and FC4, myself.

CANNOT wait to take delivery!

They're replacing 2 EVGA 670 ftw 4gb cards.

Lucky for you both games got new dedicated drivers. In last 2 weeks were 3 new driver versions and without them AC5 and FC4 are nearly impossible to play. I just can't get why Ubisoft couldn't test it right before releasing games. I'm sure they saw huge performance drops and various artifacts on the older drivers. But that's not really important now as all seem fine on new drivers.

Back