• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Who has a GTX 970 on the way?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Just got mine, gaming at 4K feels too laggy but 1080p120 works like a charm. The 4K is just awesome for everything else. Those who actually want to game at 4K would be better off getting at least two 970s.

just put my Asus 970 in, i will say my old EVGA 295 and newer Sapphire 270x is 10 times the build quality, same for my brothers EVGA 780. Something about installing this card screamed that it was very very skimpy in every way, really uneasy feeling at how fragile it felt to handle.

HWinfo reports it idles at about 25c @ 750 rpm, i thought there was a 0 noise fan till about 50c. I will look into that as i prefer the fan to spin a little at all times. Don't have anything demanding to play with it so i might have to try Shadows of Mordor again with those Textures claiming 6gb vram ;)

this is with the demo on steam

http://www.3dmark.com/compare/fs/2630440/fs/2987486

Last edited:
I think it's 0 RPM at full 2D state so no gpu acceleration too. Right now even web browsers are sometimes using gpu acceleration so fan may spin from time to time but I believe you won't hear it anyway.

just put my Asus 970 in, i will say my old EVGA 295 and newer Sapphire 270x is 10 times the build quality, same for my brothers EVGA 780. Something about installing this card screamed that it was very very skimpy in every way, really uneasy feeling at how fragile it felt to handle.

The 970 that I bought from Gigabyte is solid. And heavy. This card is a beast. Check jayztwocents video here
he even tries to bend the damn thing.

Gigabyte > Asus

There should be available Gigabyte WF3 OC ( not Gaming ) GTX970 maybe $30-40 cheaper. It's the same card but at slightly lower clocks and without backplate.

I have 2x GTX970 Gaming G1 and with my magical luck I got 62 and 64% ASIC ( 2 totally different stores ) what is pretty low comparing to most other GTX970 that I saw. Usually it's between 58 and 85%. It doesn't mean that 60 something will overclock bad but higher ASIC has generally higher chance for higher clocks at lower voltage.

Pretty much just holding off until they stick a free game in there with it. I imagine some kind of deal like that will crop up around Christmas, just in time for me to order one in to run GTA 5 and The Witcher 3 (though I expect I'll have to go SLI to max those two). I have no urgent need for one as of yet. My 580 isn't new by any means, but it still runs most things near max, and if I can hold out and get a free game in the mix, why not?

I didn't want to make another thread on this so I guess I'll just ask here..

I just recently put together a new build after quite some years only to find that the GTX 900 series is very low in availability. Anybody have any idea when the STRIX GTX 970 will come back? I literally thought people that had this coil whining issue caused ASUS to pull the card for a bit.

I just picked up 2 G1 GTX 970 cards :w00t:

New Egg has stock on some 970 and 980 cards right now, Smoke em while they are hot boys and girls :D

I just ordered my Gigabyte GTX970 G1 gaming from new egg. And I signed up for the free 30 day trial so I got free 3 day shipping. I should be able to use it in all its glory by this weekend. No more having to deal with bad FPS form my old 7900 GS KO. :clap:

I just ordered my Gigabyte GTX970 G1 gaming from new egg. And I signed up for the free 30 day trial so I got free 3 day shipping. I should be able to use it in all its glory by this weekend. No more having to deal with bad FPS form my old 7900 GS KO. :clap:

GRATZ ! Feels good to know you will feel the power doesn't it ? :D

Such a big jump can be problematic when upgrading. The new drivers don't support the old card and the old drivers won't recognize the new card. I suggest waiting until you actually have the card, update the drivers (the old driver will stay in memory until you reboot so the old card will still work until then, though newly started 3D apps won't work due to library incompatibility), update the BIOS if needed, and then swap the card.

I am planning on buying FarCry 4....So an upgrade to a GTX 970 (With free game) seems in order. Moving from a 560 Ti. Mobo and Cpu in sig.

Does Pci 3.0 matter that much on a Mobo this old?

No real difference if it's pcie 2.0 or 3.0. In best case ~1% difference.

Just got mine, ZOTAC 970(ZT-90101-10P) and it runs hot at stock settings. I haven't used an NVidia card since the 8800Gtx days so I don't know if that is a normal temp. Any ideas?

Driver version: 344.75

Back