• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

virgin here

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Bigger ones make bleeding and initial fill easier. Like coyot said. Pick one that looks good to you

I found a 200ml acrylic rectangle res. Small enough to hide.

Good to know thanks. I have scythe slipstream 110cmf fans now but will def want to go quieter in the future. Bits of knowledge like this always good.

The fitting are out for delivery. I have everything else. so after I put it together I will test for leaks. I'm pretty confident I will be able to connect the compression fittings correctly.

If I test for leaks overnight it that long enough??

I might get more rads, the more the merrier I think!

If I test for leaks overnight it that long enough??

12-24 HRs so overnight is fine. Just obviously don't have anything connected except a outside power source to the pump(s) only and many towels or shammies in case of leakage.

Twelve hours was just sooooooo long. So I didnt wait. I had no leaks whatsoever. I started putting water in then turned on the pump and filled it all the way up. No air and no leaks. Everything went very well....Except

When I plugged the psu in and powered the machine up I got error code 29.
I looked it up in the manual and 0-55 means something is wrong with the ram. so I take ram out and try every config to find only one stick in slot 4 will allow me to boot past the error code. (no ram gives error 54)

What the F*** happened? I was very careful not to do anything wrong. and the waterloop dosnt even go near the ram. I'm 100% sure no water touched the motherboard let alone the ram. The only place the water was is through a funnel in the front of the case. Also I had psu unplugged and cmos battery out while I was working on installing the water loop.

I dont expect an answer but if you have one thats great.

Just to be clear Im only able to boot with one stick of ram in slot #4 of 4

Damn!

Pics soon of finished result.

Had you been running the system just fine before the water cooling was installed?

Here it is, my first...
IMAG0440[1].jpg
IMAG0443[1].jpg
IMAG0446[1].jpg
IMAG0447[1].jpg
Awesome!! For now.

:)

Now I kind of feel like this because of the ram issue!!
IMAG0207[1].jpg
This was my neighbors car last week, I dont know how it happened, I only documented it.

- - - Updated - - -

Had you been running the system just fine before the water cooling was installed?

Yes

I know it must have been something I did but I just ant figure it out. Anybody else have error 29 on an Asrock z97 oc formula??

I'll ask again. Was the system up and running before you installed the water cooling?

Ok, try reseating the CPU and memory modules. Unfortunately, the few times I've seen similar issues it was normally due to bent socket pins. So, while you have the CPU out inspect the socket pins carefully. I've also seen similar issues caused by the block being too tight or the back plate being installed incorrectly. If all that fails, then your going to have to remove the board from the case, slap an air cooler o it and try firing it up outside the case. If it fires up after doing that, then there is a shorting issue of some kind while it's in the case.

Ok, try reseating the CPU and memory modules.

I re-seated the cpu first thing, only then did the one ram work. I'll do it again but look for bent or crushed pins

Ok, I've also seen similar issues caused by the block being too tight or the back plate being installed incorrectly.

I believe that is my problem. I did tighten the block on pretty tight, I wanted to make sure it was on. Assuming this is the problem was there a solution or just dead ram slots?

Last edited:

I re-seated the cpu first thing, only then did the one ram work.

Ok, I've also seen similar issues caused by the block being too tight or the back plate being installed incorrectly.

I believe that is my problem. I did tighten the block on pretty tight, I wanted to make sure it was on. Assuming this is the problem was there a solution or just dead ram slots?

I re-seated the cpu first thing, only then did the one ram work.

I'l look for bent pins tomorrow.

Any one want a slightly malfunctioning motherboard?? (joke)

All the pins are fine. I think I found the problem.

The screw has removed the paint and was touching the metal. When I went to unscrew it I had the distinct feeling of an electrical shock. I added the little plastic thingy so the metal dosnt directly make contact to the motherboard. But had to cut the cheap mounting bolt off because it was locked and the head stripped. Now I have to look for more mounting hardware before I can see If i'ts fixed or not.

IMAG0449[1].jpg

This is the thing I had to cut and need a new one of.

IMAG0450[1].jpg

Back