• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED replace ff31 with ff25

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

caddi daddi

Godzilla to ant hills
I have just installed ubuntu 12.04 on a machine, it comes with firefox 31.
how do i replace it with firefox 25?

Last edited:
You'd have to uninstall FF31, find a copy of FF25, install it, then disable updates.

I can take it out, I have it downloaded and extracted, now what?

Here's a "how to" for installing ff32 on a Linux distribution; the process will be the same for installing the firefox-25.0.tar.bz2 file you've already downloaded.

I suspect that you might not care for Firefox's new arraingement(understandable) but I wonder if rolling back to v.25 is going to deprive you of needed security fixes.

If Chrome is an acceptable alternative then a quick
Code:
sudo apt-get install chromium-browser
will give you an up-to-date browser, without the ff drawbacks.

I need to install 25 due to add ons, this rig is a special build to the owners specs.
thanks, that was what I was looking for.

at making the symbolic link i get 1n command not found.
the command i type is sudo 1n -s /opt/firefox25/firefox /usr/bin/firefox

at making the symbolic link i get 1n command not found.
the command i type is sudo 1n -s /opt/firefox25/firefox /usr/bin/firefox

If thats exactly what your typing its a typoo. You need ln not 1n. ln stands for link. I dont know what 1n is :D

Thank you, that is exactly what I was typing in.

so it would be LN.

ok, got it done, it's just an ugly diamond shaped thing, I had to redo it three times!!!!!

#1, make sure you are in the right directory, use pwd to find out.
#2 make dang sure your not connected to the internet, it updates faster than you can turn updates off.
#3 ubuntu 12.04 has make link in the right click menu, found that after all the struggles!!!!!!

Back