• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

g3258 + asus h81m-e overclock help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

scorp93

Registered
Hello guys, i wanted to upgrade to a cheap gaming build so i went from my old q6600 to a pentium g3258 since i've seen some good reviews for normal to high gaming.

My cpu is fully stable (aida64,prime95) at 4.3ghz with 1.275v stock. I was able to push it to 4.4ghz with 1.32v stable but now i want to push a bit more, although i can't keep it stable on 4.5ghz and here is where i need your help. I cannot find a decent guide telling more in depth about bios settings other than just tweaking the voltage and disabling EIST and C state.

My build is as follows:

Cpu: Pentium g3258
Mobo: asus h81m-e
Ram: kingston valueram 8gb 1333mhz cl9
Gpu: evga 650ti boost 2gb superclocked 192bit
Psu: thermaltake hamburg 530w 80+
Ssd: kingston hyperx 120gb
Monitor: Lg 27" 1080p

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

interesting q. i'm no OC god and do little apart from FSB upping(will be learning more soon), but i thought those H81 mobo weren't that good for OC'ing? very restricted. could be wrong though.

It's a budget, $57 new, 'not made to overclock' motherboard. You are lucky to get what you got out if it honestly.

What voltage are you trying @ 4.5Ghz? Does more work? What are you using to test stability? What are load temperatures?

At those clocks, there really isn't much you need to change. Perhaps look for some max current/wattage settings if it has them and crank that up?

FSB overclocking was done for the most part 3 generations ago. Its limited BCLK(FSB) now and multiplier on Intel for the most part (there are straps to 125/166 MHz).

I'm mobile or I'd link you..

Go to foxconn website, drill down to the board and find the CPU compatibility list. It should though as z97 was made for the newest Intel Cpus.

Back