• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where do you buy your laptop replacement batteries?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

c627627

c(n*199780) Senior Member
Quite a bit of a price range, between $15 and $85 for a replacement battery I am looking for: hp laptop battery 593553-001
Any reliable battery outlet selling them you can vouch for?

Yeah but why go with a 6-cell original when a 9-cell 6600 mAh is priced virtually the same on newegg and gives you twice the longevity on a laptop where it is badly needed?

Online at random ebay e-tailors...worked fine so far (3-3). I do not recall which different ones off hand.

...I ordered my from the link in post#2 of this thread - newegg itself selling them as iron egg sale items - figured that would be better than risking purchases from newegg third party or eBay.

I bought the same battery (LB1 High Performance) for my G73 on Amazon. It's a great battery. I've temporarily "killed" it a couple times (not the fault of the battery, It simply sits around for long periods and I usually forget to charge it before "storing" it) and I've been able to revive it with my hobby charger. It was a little better, run time wise, compared to my OEM Asus battery.

Hm... I bought two and I was going to keep one just sitting there.

How long can a full battery sit there without problems developing of the kind you describe?

Battery's are fine to store as long as you charge them to atleast 40%. Mine was left uncharged for a good 6 months which allowed it to drop down to a voltage which they refer to as "sleep mode", which I believe occurs somewhere around 2.1 to 2.4 volts per cell. If you let a li-ion battery get below about 1.5 volts per cell it's hard to revive as it starts to degrade. Typical recommendations are to charge the battery that will be stored to 100% and charge every 6 months to a year and store in a cool place such as a basement or cellar.

Last edited:
D-oh.

Found out the hard way that 9-cell 6600 mAh comes at a cost of a bulge:

Attachments

• LaptopBatteryBulge.jpg
    LaptopBatteryBulge.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 79
they gotta put the extra cells some where :p should see some of the like 12 cell batteries for acer ones.

So the 6 Cell = no bulge
and 9 Cell = bulge
and 12 Cell = super bulge?

Last edited:
I've always gotten mine from Amazon or eBay, the $15-$25 batteries have served me well. Occasionally they won't fit entirely snug, but other than that I've had no issues.

I try to stay with OEM manufactured batteries to be sure that there aren't any cheapo-cells that could perform okay for at least a short while and then fall down a steep slope of capacity. I always run into non OEM batteries reporting incorrect capacities causing the motherboard to cut-power prematurely before it gets to put iteself to sleep/hibernate.

Back