• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

mITX Build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well another PC build gone haywire

Ended up going with something different , My girlfriend gave me a $ 300.00 newegg certificate for my birhtday

So I spent a little more

Asus Z97I-Plus
Intel i3 3470
Adata 1600 cas 9 (got a great price with code)
Rosewell U2 black case
Seasonic M12 Evo, full modular 520 watt
Samsung M.2 128GB (saves wires in such a small build could not pass on it)

Going to a LAN party at the end of Octoober so throwing together a travel PC that will fit a Vidio Card in it

Thinking a 680 Lightning will let me limp by at 1920x1080

but once done will be going into the U2 to spend the rest of it's days as an e-mailer / surfer

Heres a few pics of the travel unit

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    158.3 KB · Views: 61
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    181.2 KB · Views: 62
  • DSCF2134.JPG
    DSCF2134.JPG
    199.7 KB · Views: 61
Well another PC build gone haywire

Ended up going with something different , My girlfriend gave me a $ 300.00 newegg certificate for my birhtday

So I spent a little more

Asus Z97I-Plus
Intel i3 3470
Adata 1600 cas 9 (got a great price with code)
Rosewell U2 black case
Seasonic M12 Evo, full modular 520 watt
Samsung M.2 128GB (saves wires in such a small build could not pass on it)

Going to a LAN party at the end of Octoober so throwing together a travel PC that will fit a Vidio Card in it

Thinking a 680 Lightning will let me limp by at 1920x1080

but once done will be going into the U2 to spend the rest of it's days as an e-mailer / surfer

Heres a few pics of the travel unit

Limp by? What games are you playing? I was just at a LAN party this past weekend and gamed on my MiniITX LAN Rig which is a AMD Athlon 370K, with 8GB of Ram, and a 650Ti, it ran great.

lmao, don't think it will accommodate a mouse and keys.

Don't even think I am going to paint it , maybe next year's

Slaped this LAN party rig together tonight, With one over site

This board does not have a power button on it ........ :facepalm:

Thinking like an alligator clip jumper ?? anyone have any ideas to make turning this on a bit less painful ?

Attachments

• 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    107.7 KB · Views: 48
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    100.1 KB · Views: 47
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    98.7 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
If you have any junk computer cases laying around, you could strip out the power button from it.

Hmmmm .... great idea man, may have one in the basement if my girlfriend didn't pitch it

I just use a flat head screwdriver if I don't have a button handy :rofl:

Witchy you should get the "Go Baby Go" button from Gone in 60 Seconds. That would be EPIC.

go baby.jpg

Oh man, starting with "Looking to build something small for browsing...", ending with a 680 Lightning, lol!

I like the look of this thing!

I just use a flat head screwdriver if I don't have a button handy :rofl:

:rofl:

Digging the go baby go button

@ manu, this is just going to a LAN event, the final build in the U2 will be Intel HD4600

no discrete card . Will be posting pics of that build in November

It's alive

Went with ATM's idea, even a lighter works, put the fork through the 24 pin to hold it if you look close ..... :)

Have to say I really like the board, if I had a K type in this it would have no problems pushing it to the limit via, power section, quality and great BIOS

The i3 I must say is a cool little CPU, seems to be very capable and was able to bench it with AIO cooling at 4052 Mhz

The board really shines for memory tweaking as well, if you are in the market for a mITX this board has to be on the short list

Had to flash it to get it to support the the XP941 M.2 , but was flawless once done. wish it had a 4x PCIe interface, but still pretty snappy.

will settle for 4 Ghz as a 24/7 clock, did a quick punishing 40 minutes of LinX and Valley running simultaniously

didn't even break 60C and was solid as a rock, Should be able to handel just about anything I throw at it at a LAN party

Did some benching today as well here are a few shots of the action

Attachments

• 10 11 CB 11.5 i3.jpg
    10 11 CB 11.5 i3.jpg
    453.8 KB · Views: 34
  • 10 11 CB R15 i3.jpg
    10 11 CB R15 i3.jpg
    443.9 KB · Views: 34
  • 10 11 PI Fast i3.jpg
    10 11 PI Fast i3.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 34
  • SSD test.jpg
    SSD test.jpg
    320.9 KB · Views: 34
  • Testing.jpg
    Testing.jpg
    558.3 KB · Views: 34
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    124 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Welcome Awulala. You should start your own thread in this same section. You may not get much help here as this one has run its course.

Back