• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASRock X99 OC Formula or ASRock X99 Professional feedback?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Alien432

Tech Savvy Member
Has any one got one of these boards yet? I'm interested in how they are performing and what memory and speed are you using with them. LMK.

Are you benching? Get the OCF. Not, get the Pro.

EDIT: Wow. The Pro is $20 more than the OCF... get the OCF if those are your only choices. But note you can get away with a much less expensive motherboard for general uses and moderate (ambient) overclocking. For example, I have heard good things about the MSI X99S SLI Plus...

Last edited:
I have one, will not have any results for at least week though.

New BIOS just came out so will be taking a look at that tomorrow, but am limping

My rods are stripped out and no one has 4mm in stock, so hoping I can get some by Friday , if not I will miss out on the weekend

pretty make shift for now, found an old air cooler I have zip tied it down so I can install OS's and software so it is ready to go as soon as I get the rods

Once I am up and running though will be glad to give you some retail insight , Sorry no magic stix or ES chips :(

Honestly don't understand why.

is it the Killer Lan?

EDIT: Wow. The Pro is $20 more than the OCF... get the OCF if those are your only choices. But note you can get away with a much less expensive motherboard for general uses and moderate (ambient) overclocking. For example, I have heard good things about the MSI X99S SLI Plus...

Killer LAN is actually cheaper to install on a board than Intel

I preffere Intel LAN personally

Anyone would be hard pressed to notice a difference... that said, the Killer product comes with network traffic software... not sure about intel or atheros.

Thanks guys for your feedback, I hope to hear more from the W Doctor on his exploits. I noticed the two boards are very similar in layout not much different. I haven't owned an ASrock board yet so maybe giving it a shot as bang for the buck really looks good.

Never owned an AsRock, too. After the Asus disaster, I'm giving a shot to this mobo. It should arrive Thursday....

Thanks guys for your feedback, I hope to hear more from the W Doctor on his exploits. I noticed the two boards are very similar in layout not much different. I haven't owned an ASrock board yet so maybe giving it a shot as bang for the buck really looks good.

Which one did you go with, they have a full line

Think you will like it regaudless of your choice. AsRock has been really putting out some top notch stuff over the last few gens

I think they will continue to do so on their way to being one of the premiere board makers out there.

I got the OC Formula, don't remember?

Which one did you go with, they have a full line

Think you will like it regaudless of your choice. AsRock has been really putting out some top notch stuff over the last few gens

I think they will continue to do so on their way to being one of the premiere board makers out there.

It should arrive Thursday....

2 more days oh the agony of waiting. I wish I could see your face as you open the box for the first time. Oh the smell of a new MOBO, AWESOME! Let us know how the build goes. :clap:

2 more days oh the agony of waiting. I wish I could see your face as you open the box for the first time. Oh the smell of a new MOBO, AWESOME! Let us know how the build goes. :clap:

If the first mobo didn't bring the CPU with it to hell, I should have something by the end of the weekend. Unfortunately now I'm busy with my job/studies, so I won't have time to test it properly.

Back