• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What side to place fan on hyper 212 evo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wirelessmikey

Registered
Just started to build my pc, have an antec tower with a 650w antec psu. My question, hyper 212 evo cooler is approx. 2 inches from the psu and approx 7 inches from the bottom of the tower. To get the best cooling for my cpu which side of the cooler should I place the fan, push or pull.

Welcome!

A picture is worth a thousand words..

Regardless though: 6 of one, half dozen of the other... The difference is negligible, really. The difference isn't going to net you another 100Mhz on an overclock, but perhaps maybe 1-2C in most cases.

Just started to build my pc, have an antec tower with a 650w antec psu. My question, hyper 212 evo cooler is approx. 2 inches from the psu and approx 7 inches from the bottom of the tower. To get the best cooling for my cpu which side of the cooler should I place the fan, push or pull.

I don't see an option to add a picture?

Hit the go advanced button, then scroll down to manage attachments.

Sorry, using Mobile phone, went to reply than go advanced there is no option to manage attachments.

Did you register (click on teh link in your email)?

The icon is a paperclip holding a paper... not sure what it is mobile or if you can even do it mobile...

The config I use is the heatsink horizontal, with a pull fan above and the sides taped with foil tape to direct airflow through the fins.

If you have a particularly hot CPU like a 6 or 8 core, it can be worthwhile getting a more powerful aftermarket fan. For a quad core, the stock fan will be plenty.

Is there an exhaust fan at the back of the case other than the PSU fan? What is the make and model of the case? Generally speaking you want the overall flow of air to be from front bottom to back/top rear so the cooler fan should cooperate with that general flow pattern.

Back