• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Amazon Help - Item arrived broken

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Just out of curiosity, I looked up the name of the person I am returning the card to. From a quick google search a guy w/ the same name from B.C Canada is involved in some bit coin shenanigans :eek:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=387786.40
People are going out of their way to expose this guy. So...it looks as though he has his fingers in a few pies and perhaps we should be cautious of him as well, at least any Canadians who might cross his path:
Bruce Degrosbois

BTW..I managed to contact Amazon about the abusive language this guy used...Not to come across as too sensitive here, but he did not have to curse at me or name call over a broken card. Stuff like that happens when shipping, suck it up and move on or admit you sent a broken card. Anyways, Amazon sent me the following, it reads like a form letter but it might be the slap on the bum Smagik needs to shape up....likely he will move along to some other scam:

Hello from Amazon.ca.

I'm sorry to hear about the negative ordering experience with one of our market place seller on our website.

I understand your concern that the abusive languages used by the seller "Smagik's."

Amazon.ca provides oversight of Marketplace transactions and will suspend participants who violate our terms of use. Please know that we do take the feedback and performance records of sellers very seriously.

Since, we hold them to the same high customer service standards we set for ourselves, I've forwarded the details you sent us about the seller to our seller investigations team. Each report they receive is investigated and the appropriate action is taken. If you'd like to send more details to this team, please use the form below and choose the "Report a violation of our rules" option:

Any update?
No word from Amazon other than they are investigating him.
I put feedback on his amazon profile and about a week later found his reply:

1 out of 5:
"The item was not in working condition as advertised, it arrived broken The sellers solution, I repair the video card myself or ship it back. Smagik became verbally abusive when a A-Z claim was made after no contact for 3 business days. Smagik is not responsible nor reliable. Normally Amazon has great service and high standards, i've never had a problem until now."
Puer Aeternus (edit this name), September 26, 2014
Seller Response:
This buyer is a scammer that submits false A-Z claims. He orders product with the intention to make a claim and keep both the product and the cash. SCAMMER. THEIF ALERTDate: October 1, 2014
<----notice his poor English

I sent back the video card, and made sure to video tape the process as I have a feeling he is going to make a claim against me. Likely saying I broke the card. If Amazon reads all the reviews I posted over that last 5 years...non of them are negative and never an issue w/ ordering. It should be apparent to Amazon that he is in the wrong. Like I said previously, a quick search of his name, Bruce Degrosbois or Smagik in British Columbia, Canada and you find some some unhappy customers.

Back