• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gaming mobo for 2600k and GTX 760

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LegolasElf

Guys, real quick and simple, just making a build for my dad to game on and I'm looking for a recommendation for a good reliable mobo that will run with my old i7 2600k (overclocked to 4.6 GHz)and a GTX 760. My old P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN 3 has had lifelong issues since purchase and after 1 RMA I have given up on it. Have my eye on this ASRock. Any reason not to buy it? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157304

Thanks for any help.

Last edited:
Just grab an ASRock Z77 Extreme4 for cheap. "Gaming" is more for marketing than anything else.

^Agreed. Spend $120-150. The board you had in mind, OP, is only 4 phase. That's going to get mighty hot with the CPU overclocked that high. Get at least an 8 phase board IMO.
ASRock extreme 4 is a good choice. Go with Z77.

I've had good luck from 3BTECH.
Used from similar websites you frequent can also be good.
I do not see many 1155 motherboards available, especially upscale ones, except at high cost.
Yes you are taking a chance.
Asus has a lousy reputation for motherboard RMAs. People buy them
Currently Tiger Direct has a good reputation for Rebates and Refurbished items.

When I started computer building used, open box, and refurb did me well. Yes there are risks. Probably (possibly) unacceptable for a relative.

Back