• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is this ssd trashed?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

caddi daddi

Godzilla to ant hills
I have an OCZ agility4 ssd the disapears from the rig now and then. I use it with puppy os, a linux distro that i have on a flash drive, this ssd contains my pupsave file and it is rather important to me.
the ssd is about a year old.
should i clone it and reformat, it's ext4 and use it?
clone it and scrap it?

I have, changed cables, changed sata ports.
hooked up in an external dock it gives no problems at all.

What motherboard? Seems odd it would work in an enclosure but not when hooked directly to a SATA port.

The one ssd I have had die on me started out by dissaoearing from Windows about once every two weeks. A power cycle would make it show up again. Over the course of about 2-3 months it got worse and worse until it started happening 2-3 times a day, then it vanished and wouldn't show up 9 times out of 10.

I would clone the data and and do a secure erase and copy the files back but with the expectation that the drive could die at any time. Unless of course the problems all go away after a secure erase.

LV, it is an asrock extreme9, I have thre other os on three other ssd's in it, no issuses with any other ssd.

supertrucker, that about describes what is going on with this one, I have cloned it to a sandisk for backup.

I do not have the ocz toolbox but the thing will not pass a benchmark, machime just stops responding, when another will on the same cables and port so I guess it's time to trash this one and run on the clone.

Yep, sounds like a bad drive.

I recently had a hard drive doing the same thing, randomly connecting and disconnecting itself from the system. Had to return that one for refund myself.

Back