• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bleeding air out of loop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Quest For Speed

I bought a XSPC ex240 radiator and corsair SP Fans to add to my 220x. I wanted the ap15 Gentle Typhoons but could not find them at a reasonable price.
image.jpg

I want to add a "T" to the loop to help bleed the air out. Does it matter where I place the T? The 220x is mounted on top of the case and 2nd rad in lower front.

The H220-X has a built-in reservoir, and is at the top of the case. I see no need to add a T.

The H220-X has a built-in reservoir, and is at the top of the case. I see no need to add a T.

+1

I agree with ATM as there is no need for the T line.

You could use it for a drain line at the lowest point of your loop. A drain line will come in handy when maintenance or upgrades come in time. Now I am not sure how you fill those things when they are up top. My guess is you have to uninstall it to fill up that H-220x till the rest of the loop gets filled before you turn on the pump since its at the highest point of the loop.

If the H220-X is installed under the top deck, the fill port is just this side of impossible to access once installed. You'll need to do as suggested and probably uninstall the H220-X and use its fill port to fill the loop.

I just finished bleeding the loop. Using the bleed on the res or fill port requires un mounting the 220x or turning the case so I unmounted the unit. Trying to use the bleed is very slow and just didn't work well. I installed a "T" and filler fitting at the highest point in the loop between the new rads outflow and the 220x in port. Worked great So now I'm running the system to purge the remaining micro sized air bubbles. I ran a quick test [email protected] prime95 28.3 for 45 minutes. Load temps dropped 7c and when I stopped the idle temps returned to within 3~4 c of starting temp.

Can you take a couple of pics of T placement for me. Getting ready to do same thing. Thanks

I'll post some pics tomorrow when I return home. I tried using the small bleed on the res and it added air. I left it running for 12 hours with the top open on the fill port and it's 100% purged of air. Adding the second rad and deliding the cpu to replace the TIM with CLU improved my load temps by 24c. Now running prime max temp 68c.
image.jpg

Sounds good. My plan is to take off tubing to add my own and adding gpu to the loop. No extra rad or anything. I just know it can be a pain to get air out. I am already delidded on my 4790k running 4.8 @ 1.268. Highest temps were running IBT on extreme (10 passes) 72C. Prime, Aida64, IXT temps don't get above 64C. Im currently using Glacer 240L. Awesome temps I think but I also think I can get them down some and add gpu to my new H220-x. GPU block will be here Monday. I timed it wrong and am growing impatient with each hour :-/ Currently have g10 w/H90. I have heard lots of different opinions on this but Im going to find out for myself if 220-x can handle both cpu and gpu comfortably with anything I throw at it. I don't see why it couldnt

Wow [email protected]! You have a great chip. I'm stable 4.8@ 1.305
I changed out the tubing to 1/2 in except for pump to block. Swiftech keeps saying next week for over a month. The 220x should handle the heat. You are right the only way to find out is to try.

I know I finally got a good chip for once. My last chip, 4770k, stable at 4.5 @ 1.34. Its a beautiful thing. I was able to boot 4.9, and 5.0 under 1.30v but not stable. 4.8 is the sweet spot with 4.5 cache @ 1.25. Im looking for that 1:1 ratio. Going to hold off until I get new loop setup. I went the h220-x route because Im doing this behind my wifes back and shuffling cash around a little at a time :) I think h220-x will handle both too, worst case scenario I add a few things. ~~.png

Grats on your temps Quest and ed.

Not to hijack this thread but to cool sufficiently a CPU + GPU loop you'll need more than a 120.2 rad. Depending on the GPU, if it was a low line or mid, sure you can but if its a high end, you'll end with air temps and lots of fan noise.

GTX, do you think adding a single 140 would be sufficient?

No idea what your heat load is to your loop. Give us a list of your whole computer and than a list of your whole water cooling system.

Also, please create your own thread in water cooling section of the forums.

image.jpg
image.jpg
Here is a pic of the "T" I inserted in the loop to bleed the air. I am going to replace it with a Primochill Acrylic and the barbs with rotary compression fittings next week. Since I had the tubing and barbs from a previous rig I used them. Made bleeding and filling easy. At the top of the T I'm using a fillport.

Quest, Thanks for pics. I am putting my loop together tomorrow after GPU block shows up in the morning. I am pretty much going to do it identically to yours. Anyway thx again

Back