• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FOLDING ON A POS....... THE REBOOT!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

caddi daddi

Godzilla to ant hills
here we go..........AGAIN:bang head

I have a pos, I am thinking it might have been an HP of some sort, at one time.
motherboard, asus amberine m.
cpu, sempy 3200
psu, I have a few around to pick from.
cooling, sempy stock air, I have to depend on the psu for most case airflow and i can mount an 80mm fan on a side vent, no there is no way of mounting another fan on this thing for intake or exaust.
operating system, xp 32 bit or linux. no I am unwilling to buy win7 or spend one penny on an operating system.

gpu, well, thats what i am here asking about.
we know that there is no folding on amd cards in win xp or linux so it must be nvidia.
I have thrown one of my gtx760's in it and that is much to hot, 90c folding overnight.
I am willing to look at 100 bucks for a card for this project. at the micro center in duluth GA. I can get a 750 for about that, open box.

what do you think?

I'd say take the 750 or just leave the side of the case off.

oh, come on atminside, if I just left the side off and pointed a desk fan in there I could run a 780 in there, what would be the fun in that?
what might I expect in ppd from a ref. 750 card?
I see they are like 90 watts, could it be worth it?

What's the fun? Keeping your $100 :thup:

Not a clue about PPD, sorry.

Gahh... I think I saw a thread here on OCF where I asked that same question.
Lemme try to dig it up.

Though I think it was ~60K PPD? :shrug:

my 7850 makes 20-30,000 ppd, I'd like to be in that range.
any other cards I might think about?

atm, fun is going to be when this guy whith the card i want at a very low price drops the ball again and that deal falls through by sunday and i close the deal with the guy in the classies on a 7950 with an ek block..... woooooooooooooo, whoooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

oh mine is a ref card I run at stock, ppd varys quite a bit with the WU it gets, at times it sees 40-50,000 but ,20-30 seems to be the norm.

Gahh... I think I saw a thread here on OCF where I asked that same question.
Lemme try to dig it up.

Though I think it was ~60K PPD? :shrug:

my 7850 makes 20-30,000 ppd, I'd like to be in that range.
any other cards I might think about?

Got it caddi: http://www.overclockers.com/forums/...0-or-770ti-)?p=7712656&viewfull=1#post7712656

It looks like they're doing 60-70K PPD on these, but not without some issues. Not clear if it's driver issue or FAH code that's the problem. I didn't keep reading once it was clear the card was problematic. :-/

But at 70K, the PPD per $ do look very good. The only downside (besides the stability) is the number PCs needed to hold more 750ti cards vs. the 780.

Not bad, not bad at all :thup:

looks like I'm going with the 7970, the 750 seems to have issues.
it looks like the idea is to put the 7970 in my intel rig, put one 760 in the pos, and the other 760 into my a6 6400 (pos#2)rig and retire my 7850 and my 2 hd7770's.

Back