• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD FX-6350 Vishera 6-Core compatible motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vmekh

hi I am trying to build a new computer and I decided to use a AMD FX-6350 Vishera 6-Core. I was wondering if there was a way to find out which motherboard is best to use with it.

Do you intend to overclock the CPU? If not, there would be many choices in motherboards. But if you intend to overclock the CPU then there are just a handful of boards we would endorse as overclocking the FX processors dramatically increases their power draw and and necessitates a truly rugged motherboard. But that starts to get expensive and we would probably suggest the Asus Sabertooth first and foremost. You have not given us a budget to work from so advice can be can of limited at this point.

If overclocking a high end air cooler or a good all in one closed loop water cooler and a case with good ventilation would also be necessities.

I'm using a ASUS M5A99 FX Pro 2.0 with the same CPU and I run @ 4400MHz for a daily OC with no problems (stock voltage) , and I've had it to 4600 + MHz with minor voltage tweaks. Sabertooth would definitely be a stouter board for serious OC'ing , but it's pricier. My board has lots of features , including DIGI + voltage control , but the lower price is reflected in the components. I would rate my mobo as 'good' , but the Sabertooth is 'gooder' if you want to go higher. As always , YMMV depending on your needs and budget.
As a side note , I love my FX 6350/M5A99 combo. I can go from power saving modes that barely use 3 cores at below 3000 MHz to my 24/7 6 core , 4400 MHz set up. And it was under $250.

Back