• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with Win 7 sp1: My 16 bit apps do not run anymore

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bardos

They used to run fine. I even have them in backwards compatibility mode. Can someone suggest something? thanks

Switch from Windows 7/8 64-Bit to to Windows 7/8 32-Bit?
Which app(s)?

Switch from Windows 7/8 64-Bit to to Windows 7/8 32-Bit?
Which app(s)?

I'm using win7 32 bit already... those 16 bit apps just stopped working. The only solution was to go back to an image from July 3rd. Now all is well. The thing is, I am curious as to what caused this phenomenon to suddenly appear. Thank God for image saving programs. But still, how does Windows always sort of degrade itself?

I reimage before every Patch Tuesday Windows update then make a new image.

Sometimes I reimage once a week. If you set up dual boot and partition your hard drive into relatively small OS partitions, you can boot from one OS into the other and reimage one from the other in a couple of minutes. I cannot imagine using Windows in any other way. The longest I ever went in the past 15 years was three months. I went three months without imaging and I felt Windows was noticeably less snappy...

July is relatively recent - you did very well for making that image then - something got in there and messed up your settings...

When I switched from 32-Bit Windows 7 to 64-Bit Windows 8 I had to special install some 16-BIt programs like WordPerfect 5.1 for DOS. Without those extras it wouldn't have been possible so that's why I thought maybe you switched from 32-Bit to 64-Bit.

Back