• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cell phone signal booster

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

attack

BLUF: Need a $100-200 booster on AT&T edge and 3G freq. Does not need to be mobile, 12v ideally instead of 110v AC.

I'm trying to find a good signal booster for my dad. He has a cabin in the woods that has sketchy at best signal (if he stands on a ladder outside the cabin he can set his phone down to recieve text messages). He uses AT&T and it's either edge or 3G signal that he gets (LTE won't be there for a while). What is the best option for a booster/repeater so he can talk clearly on edge/3G? Budget is within reason (100-200, no 1k booster).

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Well to be honest, I need a plug and play solution. My dad is looking for an excuse not to get one! My mom wants to have signal when she visits and I want one for safety (if my dad breaks his leg or has a heart attack, he won't be able to call).

Back