• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Security Issue with Network??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Unfortunately the MAC does not match. It was close but the last two digits are different.

Similar thread on tomshardware.. But I was thinking you were checking under router info .. O wasn't thinking about it being under your PC .. I wonder why you have no SN,UI, or IP listed .. My assumption is it isn't actually connected.. My tp-link router would list devices that were attempting to connect as well as connected.. I would think that if an actual connection was established more information would be provided..just a hunch nothing confirmed..trying to remember past instances.

My current router was shipped flying in "pants down mode"
After I disabled WPS and blocked the mac addresses at router level the neighbours and passers bye stopped... No more nexus device's etc.

All other suggestions here are winners except turning off ssid broadcast as some droids wont connect.

And yes I think you can connect to a network and be held in limbo where an ip isn't assigned and no data is passed. It will just be saying the connection isn't configured properly at the poachers device :)

Awesome, and yea I was reading on WPS and it seemed pretty bad from a security standpoint. Leaving that off.

I already turned ssid broadcast back on because my blu-ray player wouldn't connect :p

I am using a whitelist for MAC addresses now, a longer encryption passcode, and switched my radio broadcast from "high" to "medium", and am just strictly using WPA2 instead of WPA/WPA2. At least all that is stronger now lol.

Back