• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

asrock fatal1ty 990fx killer posting - no led or beeps on front tower

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wirelessmikey

Registered
Yes, I'm a newbie, finished building my pc.
Turned it on no beeps or flashing lights at front of tower.
Than on the screen UEFI setup appeared, everything looked fine.
Saved settings & exit, did not know how to turn off the tower as saving settings & exit would reappear.
Just kept my finger on the power button to shut it down.
Any help would be appreciated.
Asrock fatal1ty 990fx killer
Amd fx8320
Hyper 212 evo cooler
Evga Geforce Gtx 750 ti
Kingston 8gb hyper 1600

Attachments

• 2014092713370700.jpg
    2014092713370700.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 1,760
Last edited:
Another 3 pics detailing my setup.

Attachments

• 2014092714403500.jpg
    2014092714403500.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 1,031
  • 2014092714411800.jpg
    2014092714411800.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 1,241
  • 2014092714405700.jpg
    2014092714405700.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 963
Anything with an LED has polarity which means they have a "+" and "-" wire and the "+" wire needs to be on the "+" pin and the "-" wire needs to be on the "-" minus pin. The colored and striped wires are the "+" ones and the black and white ones are "-". The power switch, reset and speaker wires do not have polarity so you can turn their connectors either way.

The first pin on the bottom row of pins (moving from right to left) on the pin block is an unused pin, a dummy. The speaker has it's own pin block, usually near the front panel pin block but usually not a part of it.

Yes, led light is now on, but still no beep, wandering if i may have to enable an option in UEFI. Also I have no drive or windows installed still have to shut pc down by holding power button.

Yes, if you do not have an operating system installed then holding the power button down for several seconds would be one way of turning the computer off. Another option would be to turn the PSU off with the rocker switch located on the back of the PSU or just pulling the power plug from the PSU. The ATX power standard dictates that the power button must be pressed for several seconds in order to shutdown the machine. This is by design to prevent accidental shutoffs (accidentally bumping the power button) that might corrupt operating system files, interrupt a download or an OS update process.

As to why no beep from the speaker, this could be a setting in bios that needs to be enabled or it could be a disconnected wire at the speaker itself or a bad speaker. Normally, the speaker will give one short beep when the system is posting. Do you have a hard drive installed yet?

Thanks for your help, no buying a sata drive 2nd week of october. I just wanted to make sure the mobo posted ok.

You bet. Come back when you get the rest of the pieces in place.

Lol...remembered I had a 250gb sata drive from my ps3. Had to pick up more hardware, my mobo has no ide ports, bought a sata mounting kit & cheap dvd drive to install my win 7.
Also have sound, newbie that I am removed all cables from my pc to install mobo into the tower and forgot to add the sound cable back into my tv, also install hd audio drivers. Everything is working great, ready to play Shadow of Mordor when it releases Oct 7th. Thanks for the help

I'm confused. So you robbed a SATA drive from the ps3. Why did you need IDE ports when you are running a SATA drive? Is you DVD burner IDE or something?

My ps3 fat received a YLOD in july, had a 250gb sata drive packed in a box, yes my dvd drive was an ide, went to canada computers and picked up a sata dvd drive for $16. This posting can be closed, thanks for the info.

You can go to your first post and edit it, just mark it solved.

Back