• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where do I get the aftermarket all-red cable kit for a modular Corsair PSU?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Theocnoob

I will likely be going with the Corsair AX1200i for my next build. Where do I get the red sleeved cables? I don't want extension cables I want the cables that come out of the PSU to be red as well. I can't find what I want on newegg. Please link me what Im looking for if it isn't too much trouble.

THX!
:bday:

Looked @ the retailers the Corsair site specified. Most don't have it. The one that does carry it (NCIX) is out of stock. :(...
I suppose the generic extensions you can buy won't work directly plugged into the PSU, right?

Well, it looks like you can buy them directly from Corsair since you can add them to your cart, choose shipping options, and choose payment options. However, there is a "Coming Soon!" above the quantity, so that might mean they are pre-orders...I'm not sure.

Generic extensions may or may not work. Depends on the extensions and the connectors on the PSU itself. I know some PSUs don't have the same connectors at the PSU end as the cable end, which would be a problem when trying to use extensions as cables.

Well, it looks like you can buy them directly from Corsair since you can add them to your cart, choose shipping options, and choose payment options. However, there is a "Coming Soon!" above the quantity, so that might mean they are pre-orders...I'm not sure.

Generic extensions may or may not work. Depends on the extensions and the connectors on the PSU itself. I know some PSUs don't have the same connectors at the PSU end as the cable end, which would be a problem when trying to use extensions as cables.

*sigh*... always a problem when it comes time to build a new beast...

YOU said nobody had it. You also didn't specify it had to be original equipment. I don't set the price.

Why not an EVGA SuperNova unit? They're spanking the Corsair units on JonnyGuru.

And you can get cables from EVGA.

Why not an EVGA SuperNova unit? They're spanking the Corsair units on JonnyGuru.

And you can get cables from EVGA.

This is going to sound fanboyish, but are those PSUs black with red writing on them? I was aiming for an all black/red system... (hides under rock).

Can you link me to one of these EVGA units and to the respective red sleeved cables? Thanks ATM. :)

This is going to sound fanboyish, but are those PSUs black with red writing on them? I was aiming for an all black/red system... (hides under rock).

Can you link me to one of these EVGA units and to the respective red sleeved cables? Thanks ATM. :)

If you don't like the color scheme you can always make a custom PSU shroud ;)

EVGA SuperNova P2 1200W
http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=220-P2-1200-X1

JonnyGuru Review - 10/10 (AX1200i got 9.6)
http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=389

Red Cables
http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=100-CR-1300-B9

The SuperNova is $140 cheaper on the USA Newegg, it has three years longer warranty, and the sleeved cables are cheaper.

They're picking off EVERY single other PSU from 750W to 1600W with these new SuperNova G2 and P2 units and putting them in the dirt.
The price/quality/warranty can't be beaten by any other unit.

You've convinced me to get the Supernova. I don't like the looks of the unit so it'll reduce my bling but if it's THAT good for the money I'd be an idiot to argue against getting it.

Would 1000W be enough for overclocked GTX 980X2 and overclocked 5820K +maybe 2HDDs 2SSDs? I was thinking 1200W would be better so the PSU doesnt have to work as hard.

However, once again, as with the AX1200i, the g0d d@mn red sleeved calbes are out of stock/unavailable.

Why is something as simple as getting red cables for my PSU so complicated? I don't get it...

Or increase the bling with a custom PSU cover.

I'd run that on the 850W, personally.

Why not sleeve your own cables? Then you can have black/red on the same connector.

Or increase the bling with a custom PSU cover.

I'd run that on the 850W, personally.

Why not sleeve your own cables? Then you can have black/red on the same connector.

I can't be bothered doing tedious things like that. I'd rather buy the cables pre-made. Ok so sounds like 1000W will be fine.

Sure 1000w is more than enough.

I used to run a [email protected]/1.38v with a couple of 290x's@1150/1350/1.3v on a 1KW unit. Was running 3 280X's@1200/1750 on a 1KW psu with no issue either.

Even OC'd very heavily I doubt you'll break 700W at the wall with that setup.

Back