• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

One+One(Phone) Thoughts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dfonda

Senior Golfer
These are my thoughts on the One+ I bought. Anyone else using One? (Pun intended:chair:)

Price $350 and $15 shipped

First its a big phone! 5.5" IPS 1080P screen (401 ppi). Unlocked GSM Carrier Free, It was awkward for a half hour than I no longer noticed its size.
It has all the specs. Snapdragon 801(Quad-core 2.5 GHz Krait 400), 3GB DDR3 RAM, 3100mAh battery, 13MP f2.0 6 Lens Back camera, 5MP front, Gorilla Glass 3.

The specs are there. The surprise came at how much I liked Cyangenmod 11S. Its stable and full of non intrusive customizations and you could pretty much make it stock AOSP or Google Nexus if you chose.
Not only does One allow you to Root they seem to advocate it.

They have their own Theme store...It was fine but you can also get these out of the Play store and use them on most phones. So I didn't see any thing exclusive in them.

Other than that its similar to a Nexus 5, In that the App drawer, and general usability is the same. I added Google Now Launcher so that it was almost exactly the same. Just quite a few extra features and things you could customize in the Settings.

The only real shortcoming as compared to my Nexus 5 is the lack of Qi Wireless charging. If you have committed to going"Wireless" (Like my wife and I have) This is a "Biggie". Unlike the S5 and G3 (With a caveat) which have wireless charging backs available.

If you like Nexus, you will like the "One" . Taking into account its a 2 handed phone, tho I had no trouble using one.

Thats about it tho, and if I had to choose, the One becomes my daily driver...But I'm keeping my Nexus 5...Why? My wife took immediate claim to the "One".

I made the mistake of showing my wife the 4K video recording, the stop action vids and the 120 FPS slo mo and she claimed it as hers. The Camera is so far beyond her Nexus 4 that I knew she deserved it. :salute: Also it has a feature like the G3...Knock twice to wake.

The Nexus 6 will be here soon and than I'll decide whether to get another, frankly it will be a tough decision...

Pics will be forthcoming....

Attachments

• IMG_20140928_081342_resized_by_AVG_Image_Shrinker.jpg
    IMG_20140928_081342_resized_by_AVG_Image_Shrinker.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_20140928_085930_resized_by_AVG_Image_Shrinker.jpg
    IMG_20140928_085930_resized_by_AVG_Image_Shrinker.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_20140928_085951_resized_by_AVG_Image_Shrinker.jpg
    IMG_20140928_085951_resized_by_AVG_Image_Shrinker.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:
These are my thoughts on the One+ I bought. Anyone else using One? (Pun intended:chair:)

Price $350 and $15 shipped

First its a big phone! 5.5" IPS 1080P screen (401 ppi). Unlocked GSM Carrier Free, It was awkward for a half hour than I no longer noticed its size.
It has all the specs. Snapdragon 801(Quad-core 2.5 GHz Krait 400), 3GB DDR3 RAM, 3100mAh battery, 13MP f2.0 6 Lens Back camera, 5MP front, Gorilla Glass 3.

The specs are there. The surprise came at how much I liked Cyangenmod 11S. Its stable and full of non intrusive customizations and you could pretty much make it stock AOSP or Google Nexus if you chose.
Not only does One allow you to Root they seem to advocate it.

They have their own Theme store...It was fine but you can also get these out of the Play store and use them on most phones. So I didn't see any thing exclusive in them.

Other than that its similar to a Nexus 5, In that the App drawer, and general usability is the same. I added Google Now Launcher so that it was almost exactly the same. Just quite a few extra features and things you could customize in the Settings.

The only real shortcoming as compared to my Nexus 5 is the lack of Qi Wireless charging. If you have committed to going"Wireless" (Like my wife and I have) This is a "Biggie". Unlike the S5 and G3 (With a caveat) which have wireless charging backs available.

If you like Nexus, you will like the "One" . Taking into account its a 2 handed phone, tho I had no trouble using one.

Thats about it tho, and if I had to choose, the One becomes my daily driver...But I'm keeping my Nexus 5...Why? My wife took immediate claim to the "One".

I made the mistake of showing my wife the 4K video recording, the stop action vids and the 120 FPS slo mo and she claimed it as hers. The Camera is so far beyond her Nexus 4 that I knew she deserved it. :salute: Also it has a feature like the G3...Knock twice to wake.

The Nexus 6 will be here soon and than I'll decide whether to get another, frankly it will be a tough decision...

Pics will be forthcoming....

Hello mate , two of my friends got oneplus one 64gb edition , and both of them have 2 different opinions about it . the first one has not any problems about it everything runs smoothly and awesome , for the second one is almost opposite, his phone runs very nice but he gets random restarts and wifi problems. We were actually very happy when we found out that many owners of oneplusnone have the same problems(and much more problems) and that they the company already released an new update (CM11S) which fixes all the problems that my friend encounters plus 7 more problems ! The happiness didnt last long after we realized that my friend had already this updated installed on his device, which means despite this update the problems in his case remain . on the other hand the other friend of me hasnt any problem at all. So bottom line I would say that buying a oneplus one is a risky purchase .

Did you also get the nexus 6? how does it compare with the oneplus? how does the size difference feel, camera, battery life.

3 days left on 2 shareable invites...If no one needs one I'll post them on the One+ forums...Get them while they are hot!:p

I saw somewhere that there are no invites needed today.

I have been trying to decide on the 1+1 or the nexus 5, or 6. I am still on the nexus 4 and it is in bad shape and due for replacement.

I saw somewhere that there are no invites needed today.

I have been trying to decide on the 1+1 or the nexus 5, or 6. I am still on the nexus 4 and it is in bad shape and due for replacement.
Last I looked they sold out...Trying to get rid of invite if you need it.

Nice specs, if they made one that was a 5" screen I would probably consider it for my next phone.
My Droid MAXX is almost too big to be comfortable in my pocket, I know this would be.

How do you find the camera (pictures and video) and the battery life compared to nexus 5?
Battery life is much better than my Nexus 5. The camera...I can take some pretty good pics with both. The N5's camera has never been a weakness for me. The One+ I have not used it enough to say its better.

I do miss the Qi charging.

Back